Chapter 17 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 17 Hunter's POV
I walked over with Lauren as she was placed on the table. I can't believe that happened. She's so amazing and worked so hard for this to happen. She was going to win it all, when I saw her fall I jumped out of the crowd. I ran to her as police officers held me back," IM HER BOYFRIEND." I remembered telling them and pushing them aside. She was crying and I had to walk away because I can't see her cry. I'll just let the trainers deal with it. I walked to track as I looked up at the crowd as everyone was standing and clapping, cheering. I stopped. I looked at the whole crowd, spun in a circle as everyone was standing and screaming. I looked at the big screen as it showed Lauren holding her hamstring, falling, and taking a knee. She got back up and continued to hop to finish the race as me in the background come running in, fighting the officers then reaching to Lauren. I looked at the crowd as water to fill my eyes of joy. Everyone is giving her a standing ovation because she finished the race. People continued too clap and cheer as I just smiled big and waved telling them thank you. That made them veer louder. Way to go Hunter. I froze, wait a minute. I don't think they're clapping for her now, I think they're clapping because I helped her. No, that can't be true. " Hunter." I heard as I turned around and saw Lauren sitting down. I walked to her," how ya feeling?" " it hurts. I guess I'm a little heartbroken this happened." I grabbed her hands," do you see those people?" She looked up and saw what I saw. She stood up and almost fell before I caught her," forget something?" I laughed. She laughed as I put her arm around my neck and helped her to the center of the track and everyone was screaming louder. She smiled as she tried to hide her crying," it's ok to cry." I whispered. " it's better than a win." She responded. I looked at her as she looked at me. Leaned down and kissed her, ignoring the background...