Chapter 6 Somebody's Heartbreak

Chapter 6 Lauren's POV
I ran 4 miles this morning, then did 100 short sprints up and down the street. My legs were shaky and my body felt like it had nothing left. I was in a bathtub of ice water for the soreness of my body. I laid my head back and closed my eyes thinking. The running is now 5 days away. "Hey Lauren." Hunter walked in," HUNTER !" "OH GOSH !" He closed his eyes, turned around ran into the door, rubbed his head, covered his eyes again and walked out. I laughed," I DIDNT SEE ANYTHING I PROMISE."

I came out wearing a blue plain v neck, with skinny jeans, my blonde hair in a high pony tale, "come on now." I told him as he was sitting on the chair," I didn't know." He sat up straight, "and why in the world do you take a bath with your door open?" I looked around the room then at him," umm , because I live here. I didn't know you were coming first of all." " I texted you." "Sure you did." I grabbed the other chair and sat down," so what's up." He shrugged, "nothing much. I just have a dinner with a friend tonight." "Jessica?" "yea." I looked down," how did I know." His hand lifted my chin up to where our eyes connected, "you're still my best girl." "You always tell me that." " you know what I like about you? I love how you're friends with Hunter Hayes and you don't brag about it to other people." " well why would I? When you got famous, I still looked at you the same. You're still my best friend, my brother for crying out loud. I do brag about you, how amazing you are. Not how I know Hunter Hayes." A smiled crept on my face," thank you." " no thank you."