lxii. washed out brain

SIXTY TWO. washed out brain

Rick guided Adeline back into the building with caution, making sure to rid the blade of her machete from any blood

Rick guided Adeline back into the building with caution, making sure to rid the blade of her machete from any blood. The sister trailed after him, her hands stained slightly with crimson that had been wiped away onto the back of her jeans. She knew what she'd done. That she had killed a man. It wasn't that that feared her, it was the fact that she would do it again in the blink of an eye if that's what it took to keep her family alive. The widow had pushed herself to the edge, and she knew for a fact she wasn't moving.

By the time the Grimes siblings made their way to the higher floor where the group resided, Adeline removed any hint of guilt from her features. Entering the barren factory room, she felt multiple set of eyes glued to her figured that held hints of blood and death. The missing presence of Lamson, the officer she had killed, was the most noticeable ━━ her head raising from the concrete floor and to Sasha who sat with a cloth pressed to her bleeding forehead.

Adeline felt the deep stare of Daryl Dixon that lingered on her figure, her stomach aching with reluctance as she ignored him and moved closer to the younger Williams. But, before she could, the redneck curled his hand around her wrist and stopped her in her tracks. "Hey. You alright?" He questioned, forcing the widow to reach his eyes with her own ━━ noticing the lingering look of fear that settled in her features. "I'm alright." The doctor assured.

Rick joined the two he trusted the most, hand resting against the holster of his python. "He wouldn't stop. She did what she had to do." He informed, his attention glancing to the machete on his sisters side. Daryl's touch warmed Adelines skin, staying just for a minute longer as he looked to her brother. "This change things?" He inquired, allowing his hand to drift away from the widow who remained quiet within the small circle. It seemed that all she could hear from his question was; did she make things harder for us?

"I have to check on Sasha." Adeline felt her voice slip from the tight corners of her throat, tearing her eyes away from the two men before her. Turning back towards the group, they spared a reluctant glance after her figure before eventually continuing the hushed conversation. The widow almost immediately noticed the sharp stare the two remaining cops gave her, her stomach twisting anxiously before she moved her attention over to Sasha.

"You okay?" The doctor inquired, ignoring the looks that both Tyresse and the two brothers sent her way as she crouched down next to the younger sister. Sasha pulled the bloodstained cloth from her forehead, "I'm fine. The boy took a look at it." She informed, gesturing towards the figure of Wesley who stood behind the cops with a tight lipped smile of assurance. "He's an EMT. Or was." Noah spoke up for his brother, looking to Addy.

The approaching presence of Rick and Daryl put a pin in the ongoing conversation, silence filtering into the room. Adeline stood to her feet, moving to cross her arms over her chest as she leaned against one of the many pillars within the building. "He was a good man." The cop, Shepherd, already started speaking, her attention drifting from the figure of Rick and to Adeline.