xl. bargaining chip

FORTY. bargaining chip

     "THE field is filled with stalkers

"THE field is filled with stalkers." Adeline announces, walking into the cell block and over to where the majority of the group stood. "We didn't see any snipers but Maggie said she'll stay on watch." She informed, sliding the strap of her rifle off of her shoulder and leaning it against the concrete stairs leading up to the second floor.

Rick nodded at his sisters words as Daryl came down the stairs. "I'll get up in the guard tower, take out half them walkers and give these guys a chance to fix the fence." The red neck offered, standing next to the widow.

Michonne shifted on her feet from her spot, "Or we can use some of the cars to put the bus in place." She spoke up, her plan sounding good to the ears of Adeline.

"That's smart." The brunette complimented, leaning against the railing of the concrete stairs.

"We can't access the field without burning through our bullets." Hershel added while situating his weight on the crutches as he stood up from the steps and walked over.

"So we're trapped in here. There's barely any food or ammo." Glenn reminded once again, stepping in the circle to stand between Adeline and Rick.

Daryl looked over to him, "Been here before. We'll be alright." He assured while chewing on the skin around his thumb before crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's when it was just us." Glenn was quick to retort, "Before there was a snake in the nest." He added, subtly which caused the redneck to stare at him with a glare.

"Man, we gonna go through this again?" Daryl spoke, taking a step towards Glenn - "Look, Merle's staying here. He's with us now. Get used to it." He pressed.

Rick started to intersect, "Hey."

"All y'all." Daryl cut him off, excluding Adeline from his serpents tongue before taking off up the stairs.

The widow sighed, turning to face Glenn. "Listen, I know that Merle put you through hell but he's here now. It's Daryl's brother, so have a little faith in the Dixon that we actually do trust." She pleaded, not being able to take another argument within their close knit group.

"It doesn't sit right with me." Glenn spoke, turning his head to look at their leader. "Seriously, Rick. I don't think Merle living here is really gonna fly." He added.

"I can't kick him out-" Rick started, only for his voice to be cut off by the boy next to him.

"I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after he tried to kill you!" Glenn yelled, his voice slamming into Adelines stomach as her eyes fell to the ground.

"Addy..." The now guilt filled boy started to speak, only for the woman to look up from her spot and meet his eyes.

The widow shook her head before running a hand through her tangled hair - "A plan needs to be made. So just... just get your shit together and stop throwing the dead into it." Adeline pleaded before making her way up the stairs.