Chapter 44/ Consequences 1.0

Iris POV

I come and pick North up and she tells me everything. I'm in shock and a little mad. "Did you kiss them?" I ask. "What?" North asks. "I said did you kiss them?" I repeat. "A little" North replies looking at the floor mat. I huff and keep driving. "So are you going to tell Fenix?" North asks. I think about it for a minute. "No, Fenix has already been through too much. I'm not going to add to that," I say, still looking at the road, hands clenched on the wheel. I drive us to the gym again. Hanna is at the front desk again and checks us in. All I see is that she's wearing a braid and red sweatshirt. I walk towards the 100 plates and put two on either side of the bar. I've always tried, but I never could lift that much. I think I'm mad enough today. 

I lift with all my might and then let it drop. North stares at me with wide eyes. "It's better than punching people" I say and walk out of the room, out of the gym, and to my car. North follows me out. "I never meant to hurt you. I did all of this so that you wouldn't lose Fenix." North says. I look at her. "You're the one I'm with, remember?" North says leaning her forehead against mine. I kiss her and the world makes sense again. "Ok I forgive you" I say when we pull back. I go over to the driver side and I drive her back to her house. 

Fenix POV

I hang up first. I can't believe North pulled the switch on me. You know what I bet Iris put her up to this. Yeah it all makes sense now. Iris was mad that I wasn't her friend anymore and made her do this. Well I'll have to repay the favor. 

Iris POV

Me and North go to the restaurant that she told Fenix to meet "East" at, to make sure that they're ok. East is still pretty mad at North and didn't want to come. Fenix walks in wearing a...dress. Not just any dress, a short sweetheart neckline pink dress. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" I ask North. "Yeah, some shit is gonna happen" North says. Fenix looks around the restaurant and spots us. "Oh crap" I say. Fenix walks up to us. "Hi guys" Fenix says to North and me. "Uh hi" North says. Fenix sits down at our table. 

"I know that you pretended to be East," Fenix says to North. North's eyes widen and she looks at me. I shake my head. As if Fenix can read our expressions "East told me". They say. "Also Iris kissed me that night that me and East broke up" Fenix says. "What?" North asks. "I said that I wished that I could have a kiss with someone that loves me and Iris kissed me" Fenix says. "I said in a friend way" I say looking between Fenix and North. "So you gave me a hard time about me kissing them when you did the same thing. Only I was playing East, who were you playing Iris?" North asks me. "I um" I say, sputtering. 

"Iris can I talk to you?" Fenix asks. "Um sure" I say looking over at North who looks mad. Me and Fenix get up and walk outside. "I'm sorry about North playing East, Fenix" I say. "Is that why you told me that it was suspicious yesterday morning?" Fenix asks, crossing their arms. "No. I didn't know what North was going to do" I say. "You know I knew this for a long long time, but I was too scared to admit it" Fenix says looking up at the stars. "What's that?" I ask. "I never stopped loving you" Fenix says. I turn to look at them and they're already looking at me. Fenix takes a step towards me. I take a step back. 

"Are you sure? Are you sure that this isn't just you being confused? East hurt you bad Fenix. I don't think you know what you feel" I say. "If you didn't feel the same then why did you kiss me that night in the bathroom? You can't tell me that you don't feel what I feel" Fenix says looking me in the eyes. "I wanted to make you feel better" I say looking at North through the restaurant window with a pleading look. I turn back to Fenix. "My heart belongs to someone else" I say smiling and looking at North through the window. She crosses her arms. "Ok Iris" Fenix says. "Call me when you catch up with your feelings," Fenix says, they turn around and get into their car and drive away.

 I go back into the restaurant and sit next to North. "What did they say? Were they mad?" North asked me, sounding mad themselves. "No, they told me that they never stopped loving me" I say. North looks at me. "So what did you say?" North asks. "I told them that, that night I was just trying to make them feel better and that my heart already belongs to someone else. So, do you forgive me?" I ask, reaching for her hand. She pulls it back. "I don't like that you lied and made me feel bad when you did the exact same thing, but you did send your best friend away for me so I guess we can call it even." North says picking up my hand. "But don't ever lie to me again. Deal?" North asks. "Deal. And no more kissing people that aren't each other" I say smiling. "But what about family?" North asks, smiling. "Only on the cheek" I say. She kisses me and I feel so guilty for lying, but I know that I love her and that's all that matters.