Prologue

*** BOOK 3 ***

MINE TO CLAIM

This is Dominic Creighton's Story. Can you all guess who his mate is???

Do add this book to your reading lists and libraries for updates.

***

PROLOGUE

Loud horns blare outside of the castle, alerting me that someone's attacked our home. Shuffling out of the bed, I cover my bump and march out of our bedroom in search of my mate.

The moment I step out into the brightly lit hallway, I spot people scurrying off, running in different directions, either trying to help themselves or to help their Alpha to secure the pack grounds.

"Luna Eva!" someone yells from behind me. I quickly turn around and watch Raoul make his way to me. He's panting a bit; I realize when he comes closer.

"What's happening?" I ask, caressing my belly, trying to calm myself. Raoul shakes his head a bit and then pulls me by my elbow towards the main hall of our home. I still don't understand why he's acting so weird but knowing that he's taking me to Lucian, I follow him briskly.

"You are in danger. A rogue has attacked our castle, especially your personal quarters. You have to run," he says while we march down the stairs in search of my mate. I try to link him but his mind is blocked. His aura has diminished from here, indicating that he's not here.

Almost on instinct, the royal mark on the inside of my forearm starts tingling. Rubbing my hand, I focus on my son's essence, trying to make out if Lucian's with him. I close my eyes and rest against the wall, trying to focus on the thin thread of my son, to find his location. Catching on to the thread, I squeeze my eyes when one of the twins' kicks inside my belly. Holding onto my abdomen with one hand, I clutch my head as I reach closer to tracking my son's trail.

Finally, confirming that he's with his father, I open my eyes and quickly start making my way towards the underground cavern made by my father-by-mating. I don't know where he is at this moment.

"Raoul, where's Adrian?" I ask, motioning him to follow behind me.

"He's out there, trying to hold off the rogues. He told Alpha Lucian to run away."

"My mate won't run away. It's wasted advice," I reply, shaking my head. Raoul doesn't reply, agreeing with me and then we silently walk towards the cavern. I keep caressing my belly as the kicking becomes more frenzied, making it difficult to walk. Stumbling once on the underground stairs, I once again close my eyes to focus on my son's aura. It's bright. He's here.

"Lucian," I whisper through the pain of being kicked in the stomach by my unborn children. Unable to take a step ahead, I take Raoul's hand when he offers it and let him pull me a few more steps so that we reach the opening inside the cavern.

"Eva!"

Lucian's voice echoes off in the cavern and I whip my head in his direction. I only breathe a sigh of relief when I see our son in his arms, appearing more confused than scared.

I wince when I feel another kick which makes Lucian run towards me. Placing our son on his feet, my mate makes his way to me and lifts me in his arms, providing a few minutes of respite by his touch. He sits down on the last step of the staircase and motions for Raoul to look after our son.

"We have to send him away, Luc."

Lucian looks at me when I utter those words, his eyes reluctant yet agreeing with me. If we keep our son here and the rogues make it inside the castle, the chances of our son's survival are very thin. I can't let that happen.