Chapter 6

"That's because I was bathing at that time and he just gave me his shirt to help me cover my body. He even advised me to come here so that I can talk to you," I whisper.

This is embarrassing!

Here I am standing in the cold in front of my brother's house and he's busy fighting with someone who helped me, trying to protect my virtue.

A virtue that was lost years ago to a malicious vampire.

It's not Fenris's fault, I agree. If he had known about me maybe, he would've tried to find me sooner. Yet, the fate of not being defiled sounds much more tempting and out of my grasp.

I want to lead a normal life. Yet, I do not know what a normal life is.

The need and desperation to know what a normal can be, has brought me here but I am so ashamed that I cannot even speak about it.

"What?" Fenris growls at me and I take a step back in fear. It's instinct.

The sound of growls is scary. I might not be afraid of Xanthos or any enemy witch but I am afraid of my blood family because I am not sure if they will accept me.

The fear of the unknown eats away at me and I long to have something to hold on to. Looking at Fenris's black eyes filled with rage as he looks at me brings my fear to the forefront and I resist the urge to cower in fear.

I remain silent and try to control my feet from collapsing, also controlling the urge to once again land on that heap of debris. I do not have anywhere else to go.

Suddenly I feel hopeless and exhausted.

Fenris turns his head to look down at me, frowning as he senses my emotions. I have not pushed him out of my mind as I did to Dominic because somewhere I know that Fenris means no harm to me.

"I am sorry."

His whispered words are the epitome of pain and fear. He fears that he scared me. His mind is open to me which allows me to peep into his mind and know what he truly is feeling. He did scare me but that's okay. I have only met him now. I should understand that he's going to a great length to even trust me.

After all, I was raised in captivity.

"That is okay," I whisper, sensing a presence behind the men standing on the doorstep. I look behind them and watch a woman, the same one, walk towards us. She is wearing a long shirt like thing and some pants are covering her legs.

Is that thing comfortable?

I was never allowed to wear those but I had seen the pictures of women wearing those things and that they are called pants.

I watch the female as she continues to walk toward us and then pauses just beside Fenris, putting an arm around his waist as if needing his comfort.

A moment passes by and it's then that I realize one thing. It is not the woman who's seeking comfort. It's Fenris who is seeking comfort from this female. She is merely providing him with his needs.

I am so engrossed in watching them, in watching my brother be so gentle with a female, it's surreal.

Is this normal behaviour? Are females treated this way?

All I ever saw was that females were treated like servants, either to feed or fuck.

Watching my brother interact with a female as if he needs her for something more than that has put a lot of questions in my mind. More than that, I feel that they have a stronger bond between them, one that cannot be broken.