Chapter 39

I am ready to smash her with my fire when Wulfric's strained words fall on my ears.

"Don't come here, Vivi. The witch's crazy. Take Anya and run." So, this Vivi is Wulfric's sister and Anya's mother.

What a crazy family!

"No!" Vivi screams at Wulfric who looks embarrassed and in a lot of pain. "Brother," Vivi chastises Wulfric while snapping at me. She glares at me, her fangs extended as she debates her next course of action.

But I am so forgone in my bloodlust that I have her flunked far away from us in my rage. A wave of invisible fire pushes out of my palms, hitting her right in the chest. She smacks into the wall and then lands on a heap of dead flesh and bones. There is a gaping hole in her chest with the edges having burnt flesh hanging out.

It's a horrible sight.

I hear a crack as well but I don't bother to focus on Vivi anymore. I have Wulfric to deal with.

Anya screams in the background while running over to her mother, inspecting her dead limbs.

From the corner of my eyes, I watch Wulfric as he diffuses the fire on his small crotch and then lunges toward me. I am a split second late and he has me under him in no time.

"I got you under me, once again," he laughs at my face while nudging his hips into my stomach. My eyes widen in shock and fear when I feel his hardness.

But I burnt him.

"And I healed him!"

I drag my eyes away from Wulfric's smug face and manage to spot Alcina who's walked into the garden. Her entire body is covered in a robe, even her hair. Only her face is visible while her nails peek out from the arms of her robe.

She looks haunted and very angry. Like an angry ghost.

And her angry gaze is stuck on Wulfric whose eyes are on me, oblivious to the look of pure possession in Alcina's eyes.

What's this?

Where have I landed?

"What?"

I murmur the question softly, not sure what's really going on. Why do I sense possessiveness in Alcina's gaze? And what the hell is she doing in my mind, reading my thoughts?

The realization is delayed but when it settles, I am instantly pushing Wulfric off my body with a renewed force, making him stumble a bit.

Alcina's gaze flicks toward Wulfric for a moment before she focuses on me. And with a look of pure hatred, she blasts something like black fumes from the base of her palm.

And so, it begins!

My battle of survival begins!

I do not get enough time but then at the last moment, I pull up my arms and fire at her black fumes. An eerie haunted cry echoes into the air when my fire strikes with that of Alcina's black fumes.

It's like a connection is formed between our magical forces because I feel her black fumes pushing at my fire, urging me to push back or be consumed by her black magic.

Alcina screams at me while Wulfric watches in sick pleasure. It's like he's plotting something.

It scares me because it's them against me. They are both masters of their powers and I feel amateur compared to them.

My confidence stutters a little as I process this in my mind, allowing Alcina to corner me against the wall while blasting her black fumes at me. At some point during our battle, her black fumes split and a branch tries to corner me but the fume explodes midway, causing a very bad smell to erupt into the air around us.