Chapter 9

"Oman. I do not know any vampire being called Oman. It's a strange name. I have never heard of him," I think to myself while also keeping an eye on Sebastian.

"Who are you anyway?" he asks me while looking at me with a frown covered face. He completely ignores my thoughts being spoken loudly in front of him.

"I go by the name, Dominic," I whisper knowing well that he can hear me fine. The man in front of me tilts his head to one side and narrows his eyes a bit as if trying to decipher my true intentions. I let him have his fill, not wanting him to hide anything from me.

"Why are you here, Dominic?"

As if I know?

I think to myself, rolling my eyes inwardly.

"I came here to find some answers. To know if Alpha Female Sabrione had the skill to pass on a gift to her offspring?" I ask instead, trying very hard to ignore that voice inside my head.

Why is it bothering me? That woman-child's problems are not even mine. Then why do I feel this need to find answers for her?

"Yes, my mother had that ability and it is quite a well-known fact," he answers, narrowing his eyes a bit. This man is not an ordinary wolf. I shouldn't have underestimated him. He understands that I am not here to ask such a simple question.

What an old fool I am!

"Did she purposely give her most useless ability to Xanthos as a curse?" I ask watching the man in front of me. As soon as the words fall out of my mouth, the man's expression changes and becomes hostile.

"Yes, she purposely did that," he growls and then takes a step forward as if in attacking mode. I stand still assessing his move and tracking the changes in his mind as well.

He's enraged but it's not because of me. He's reliving the time when his family was attacked and he was pushed away from them.

It is still so shocking to see how only a single person managed to ruin so many people's families.

"I am sorry for asking you but I need some answers," I say and look around myself, trying to analyze if we are in the forest or on the outskirts.

Sebastian however, understands my hint and then motions for me to follow him.

Not saying anything else, I start following him through the dark trail of the forest in the hopes of finishing this off at the earliest. My thirst is calling on to me.

It's been a very long since my thirst has affected me like this.

Why is this happening time now?

"Here, I live here. I do not sense anything malicious in you. But if I receive any unwanted blood-thirsty guests after you, then you be assured that you will die by my hands," he warns and I nod my head.

"I have no intentions of deceiving you," I promise and enter the cave where he leads me.

The inside of the cave is warm and I soon realize the reason behind it. Inside the cave, after taking a left, there is this big fireplace. Placed on the fireplace with proper wirings, there is a pot filled with some liquid.

Food, I guess.

"You live here?" I ask, not really believing that the only living son of the previous Alpha Female is living like this, like a primitive man.

"No," says Sebastian while letting out a humourless chuckle. "My house, the one inherited from my parents was attacked and is now in shambles. You must have found a ruined cottage on your way here to this forest," he explains while I nod my head, remembering the ruined cottage that I had come across while scenting Sebastian on the rocks.