Chapter 35

It is said that when you peek into someone's mind, you become vulnerable to them.

Exactly that's what happened to me when I poked into Anya's mind. A witch had carefully laid out a trap for me inside Aya's mind. She somehow knew that I might peek into Anya's mind when she was taking away my brother and that's what I did.

I didn't think even once before diving into Anya's mind, trying to find if she was hypnotised in order to hurt Dima. The only difference is that she had been hypnotised. But not only to hurt Dima but also to disarm me.

Two birds with one stone!

I have to give credit to Alcina. She's plotted against me and was successful in catching me off-guard.

Never did I think that Fenris's little cousin would plot against us. Not only has she gone against me, but she has also betrayed Fenris's trust by hurting his friend.

She has brought war to the Witch's doorstep by helping Viviana in plotting against us Creightons. I had always known that the Callahans wanted the Vampire crown but never in my life did I think that she would stoop so low as to seek help from the Witches. They are our natural enemies and yet she brought a witch into this intra-species battle.

This only gives me the opportunity to strike back and I will. I definitely will, once I know where to find that witch! And proof enough to convict Viviana of treason.

"Will you stop pacing? I am already on the verge of getting a whiplash," snaps Jenna as she stares at me from the chair in which she's resting. Her feet are propped up on the ottoman placed in front of her while her hands are busy on the laptop as she tries to get hold of a CCTV footage, hoping that Alcina's been caught on the tape.

"They took Dima!" I snap, controlling my temper but it slips. I am on the verge of panicking just thinking about Viviana's and Anya's plan for Dima. I am not sure if Anya's involved. If she's not emotionally involved then she was influenced by Viviana and that old hag is going to pay for it.

"I know. I was the one who raised the alarm to hinder Anya's plans. That's the main reason why she only succeeded in taking Dima," she whispers, typing away at that thing these humans call a laptop.

How in the fucking hell is she so calm?

"I can see your brain thinking at the speed of light but it's useless. Just sit, please. You have just woken up from whatever spell Alcina had cast on you when you brushed Anya's mind."

"But how did she even know that I might visit Nirvana and how did Dima reach there?"

"What do you think? Obviously, they know your schedule. Viviana must have purposely driven Dima to the club or maybe she had Alcina's help in that as well," she whispers while stifling a yawn.

Sighing, I close my eyes for a second before running my hand over my face. My palms graze the beard that's poking into my skin, I haven't shaven for 2 days now. It's been just yesterday that I woke up from Alcina's spell.

Taking another deep breath, I walk toward Jenna and push the laptop off her lap. Placing it on the nearby table, I pull her up gently yet firmly. "Let's put you to bed," I mutter when she frowns at me.

"But the footage..."

"That can wait. Your safety is our priority. I promised Damon that I would look after you while he goes hunting for the witch's scent," I murmur as I start walking towards her bedroom with her in tow.

Jenna sighs behind me but follows me silently, exasperation oozing out of her skin. She's feeling restless too, we all are. Dima's been abducted!