Chapter 52

Voices!

Are they voices?

It is like I am in a daze while the images of Wulfric torturing me flashes in front of me. I am in a room sitting with Dmitry and my mate beside me, but my mind is in that room, in that place where Wulfric ruined my purity.

And when Dominic calls me an angel, all I want to do is deny it. It would be so wrong for a person like me, a murderer, like me to be called an angel.

"Nikita."

The voice is soft but it leaves a gaping hole in my chest because of the pain in it.

Blinking my eyes, I try to come out of my memories and focus on the present situation. Dominic's now kneeling in front of me, his hand covering my forehead.

"Dominic," I breathe, suddenly gasping for air, not knowing what's wrong around me.

"Nico, she's unstable. Her energy is turning volatile. Let's take her out, into some fresh air," says Dmitry, making me look at him and once again, he backs off with his hands held up in surrender. I don't understand his action but it somehow calms me, makes me feel in control of this foreign emotion.

"Let's go out-"

Before Dominic is able to finish his sentence, I have moved us out of that room and into the yard, behind the house. The whirlwind around us confuses me, making me panic for a moment.

"Nikita, it's okay," shouts Dominic, giving into the panic that I am feeling, because, I can feel his emotions too.

I release his hand. My action is so sudden that even Dominic stumbles for a second before gaining his balance. I am clueless to the winds around me, but deep down, I know that it's not normal. This energy flowing through me is getting out of my control. It's as if it has its own mind and it feels as if it will ruin everything around it.

I feel anger but I also feel the pain that Dominic went through while he was hunting for Wulfric. At that time, he might not know about Wulfric but he had always been on the journey to avenge me. By walking through the path of vengeance, Dominic left behind all sorts of desire for his throne, for his legacy. The only thought that remained in his mind was vengeance for his dead mate. And after being so faithful to me even in death, how can he insult himself by saying that he's a loser.

A loser?!

Pathetic!!

He's might even be the most faithful mate ever, far from being a loser.

The thought fuels my anger and I bare my teeth in front of him when he walks closer to me. Maybe I look scary to him or it's unexpected for me to be angry at him so openly; because he takes a step back. I am not sure what happens, but all of a sudden, I feel rejected.

It's as if my behaviour is causing Dominic to move away from me. Maybe I am throwing a tantrum which is wrong. I shouldn't be acting this way. I am the one who's tainted not Dominic, and I should be grateful to him for accepting me even after knowing about my past.

Realizing this, I shrink back into myself, causing the whirlwind to come to a standstill.

All of a sudden, everything around me halts allowing silence to be felt by everyone. The chaos that was around us just a few seconds ago now resides in me, making it difficult to breathe.

My breaths become shallow making it difficult to focus around me and I give into the urge to let go.

The urge becomes stronger and soon I find myself being consumed by the dark fingers that come crawling around me. They scare me but somehow, I also feel mesmerized by them.