Chapter 4

Lucian―E

Fenris―S

Sascha―A

Nikita―D

What is this?

I look at the wall once again, trying to understand the purpose of those initials beside the names. Having a fog of so many years, my brain is all muddled. Trying to recall, I close my eyes and rub at my dirt-covered hair. Taking in the scent of the dungeon that's coating my body, I recall in bits and pieces about my mamma.

I recall how she cut her fingers and let the blood flow into the crease of the wall. Slowly, the words and names appear on the wall, displaying the royal bloodline on the wall. But what are the initials of names?

I understand Lucian as father's name, Fenris as my brother but what's the initial in front of their names? And what is that initial in front of my name? In front of Sascha's too. Is it an initial or something else?

As seconds pass by, I feel my mind shutting down and my eyes closing on their own accord. Feeling the exhaustion creep in, I seal the wall with my blood and make my way out of the cavern.

Getting out of the cavern, I spot something or rather someone.

It's Helena! And that's Xanthos! If Xavier's dead then how is Xanthos still alive?

Having seen Xanthos's unintelligent yet cunning behaviour, I had thought that he would've died with his father.

At the image of Xanthos in front of my eyes, years of pent up anger and humiliation rushes through my veins when I spot him running towards my brother and a woman beside him. He's going to attack maliciously from behind Helena, I realize and immediately teleport in front of my brother and crush the dagger with my fire.

I watch with unadulterated glee as the dagger crushes into pulverized residue and falls on the ground.

The moment Helena sees me, her face morphs into that of anger and fear. She backs away, with her palms outstretched as if in surrender to me. Xanthos growls from behind Helena, reaching up behind her now, and stopping her retreating motion.

"What the hell? Finish her," he yells at Helena, pointing towards me and I watch as Helena starts shaking her head, making me smirk at her.

"Hello, cousin," I whisper, my eyes moving to address Xanthos while my voice is scratchy. Xanthos pauses in his steps towards me and I relish at the fire that's waiting to flee.

"You..." he asks, confused now as if he's wondering why I am alive. Helena's shocked still in her position and now Xanthos is looking at me with a confused yet enraged expression on his face.

I laugh, sinisterly, at Xanthos, my anger taking over and the images of my humiliation because of this person's ill-treatment flashes in front of me. I watch him with narrowed eyes, smirking at him because I know that he's breathing his last few breaths.

"You witch! Helena, kill her," he roars and then shifts right in front of Helena. I expect to see a wolf but what I see has me shocked. It's not a wolf like father, no it's some half-man half-human kind of creature.

Is this even natural?

Not waiting for another moment, I raise my hand up with my palms facing toward him and launch a steady stream of my fire on Xanthos's chest. The moment his body is set on fire, blood rushes through my veins. It roars in my ears and I feel my world shifting as Xanthos's arms flail up in anger and pain. That idiot is still angry?

He is in pain yet he feels anger?

That's weird, isn't it?

I watch, more like, force myself to watch as Xanthos, Xavier's son, burns to death in front of me. He will not come back to trouble me. His father won't come back too. Yet I am not relieved.