Chapter 17

"Good afternoon, Princess Nikita. It is a pleasure to meet you," the older woman greets me while all three of them bow their heads in a respectful gesture.

I smile at them hesitantly, nervous now. I do not know how to react.

"Good afternoon," I whisper, hoping that they don't catch my nervousness. The women smile at my greeting and then scoot closer to me.

"My name is Aurora. I am one of the elders and Alpha Connor's mother," the most elegant looking one of them whispers softly while smiling at me. She has this regal aura around her, a very mature and experienced look in her eyes which gave away her importance even before she introduced herself.

"This is Mikayla, Crimson Shadow's trainee healer," says Aurora while waving at the dark-haired woman with bright golden eyes. "And this is Kaylee, Crimson Shadow's chef," she says while waving at the other woman who's slightly shorter in height compared to the other two females. She is petite with soft blond hair. She has brown eyes with very dark rings surrounding her pupils.

"It's a pleasure, ma'am," I whisper not wanting to hurt the elder and the other ladies. As far as I know, an elder is a very respectable person. Even the King seeks advice from an elder.

"Don't call me ma'am. Call me Aurora, my dear," she whispers while motioning me to walk with her. The two females with whom she was talking, walk away leaving me alone with Elder Aurora.

"So, I have heard a lot about you, Nikita. Fenris and Sierra never stop telling me about your talents," she whispers, smiling at me softly.

"Oh, thank you but I am just trying to settle in, to adapt to this world," I whisper, finding it very difficult to understand the elder's motive.

"Oh, that's really great. I hope you find your home, my dear," she whispers while smiling at me softly. I reach out to her, tentatively, unsure if she is more psychic than other wolves. She's an elder so there's a possibility.

As soon as my mind brushes against hers, she stops in her tracks and then looks at me, while sighing. "I have a blood bond with your elder brother, my dear. I have learnt to identify when someone is trying to seek my mind's secrets," she whispers while looking at me.

Feeling an instant heat of embarrassment at her words, I duck my head and whisper, "I am sorry. I... I..."

"That's okay, Kotyonok. However, were you aware that when you seek someone else's mind, you automatically make yourself vulnerable to the other person? If he's psychically stronger, it will be easy for him or her to trap you in his mind?"

I take a few seconds for her question to settle in my mind and when I do realize her question, my eyes widen in shock. What? Dazedly, I shake my head at her question and watch as she closes her eyes as if fearing the worst.

"I am sorry to scare you. I shall speak with Fenris regarding this," she says and then motions me to follow her. Realizing that she's headed towards Fenris's home, I decided to take my chance of asking.

"Would you mind if we teleport there?"

"We? As in you can teleport with me?" she asks, her eyes suddenly shining bright with excitement. I smile at her tentatively and then offer my hand, my fingers trembling a bit not knowing what to expect with this new touch.

However, when Elder Aurora takes my hand in hers and gives it a small squeeze, her excitement makes tingles run through my body. Chuckling softly, she says, "come on. Do that disappearing stuff. I have never teleported before."

Her excitement is contagious!

Following her instructions, I close my eyes and imagine Fenris's porch steps and within seconds, I find my feet touching the hardwood floor of Fenris's doorstep.