Chapter 20

Walking through the small patch of woods that are known as the Blue Moon pack's mini-forest, I try to clear my mind.

The Dark Woods is much denser and as the name goes, dark. There is no sunlight in the Dark Woods yet I felt safe there. I feel good here, too but it lacks the homey feel.

A movement somewhere behind me alerts me of someone's presence but I do not turn back. I keep walking deeper into the forest, trying to think and somehow trace that small trail that I recognised when I stepped out of Dominic's jet.

I know now that the trail must be Sascha's life essence. It hit my senses hard and I instantly recognised it because we are twins. The doubt of it being Wulfric is no longer valid. Especially from the incident with Catrina and her healer touch.

Moreover, from what I have learnt from Catrina regarding the twin bond, it is a sacred one. The distance cannot dull the senses of this bond.

A twin will always know the other twin's mental state.

Does this mean that Sascha has been feeling the raging emotions that I am going through? If yes, then it must be a torturous experience for her. To feel that something is out of place but not knowing how to really put it all together, must be frustrating.

Now that I know that Sascha is probably here in this place somewhere, I want to go out to the human town and search for her. I am confident that her blood will call to me. It has been constantly with me, telling me that my sister is alive and well.

It can be possible that she has felt my blood call out to her as well.

I am so engrossed in my own thoughts that I am startled when Dominic lands in front of me. He bounces a little to show off but I roll my eyes at his antics. His 'friendly' aura doesn't hide the deadly aspect of his nature.

He is a killer even when he appears friendly. I have known it but seeing Connor's wariness at Dominic's presence has made me think of the vampire in a different light. That Alpha Wolf doesn't like Dominic but tolerates him because he is Catrina's Godfather.

"Going somewhere, witch?" he asks and I raise my brow at him. He has never called me a witch before.

"Just a walk," I reply and shrug. Without waiting for his reply, I take a step forward making him step away from my path. I expect him to ask questions but he doesn't.

Instead, he matches my slow pace and starts walking beside me, giving me enough silence that I go back to my wandering thoughts.

How do I go into the town and search for Sascha?

At the same time, I feel Dominic brushing against my mind, wanting inside. I sigh and then think of something. Should I ask him?

Not bothering about anything else, I let him enter my mind and keep walking.

"What are you thinking?" he asks and I silently smile. He's curious. Maybe he will help me.

"I want to visit the town," I whisper softly and hear Dominic's sharp intake of breath. Frowning at his reaction, I look at him from the corner of my eyes and watch as his eyes got darker, all red.

"It's dangerous!" his sharp rebuke has me stopping in my tracks. For the first time ever, fear creeps into my mind at his tone. He isn't the friendly Dominic at this moment. No, he is the vampire beast who can tear into a person and feast on his blood draining him of his life essence.

Looking into his eyes as I turn my head sideways, I observe the red orbs. They are bright and glowing. Fenris's eyes glow like that when his wolf is close.