Chapter 7

"What do you mean that mother named you Nikita?" asks Fenris, his confusion being the most prominent emotion in his mind. Sierra is confused and I sense a bit of hopelessness in her mind. Yet, I do not blame her because my situation is somewhat hopeless at this moment.

Dominic on the other hand appears as if he's not listening to us. I feel his rage, confusion and pain but it is not for me. It is because he is thinking of something else. I want to know more and the moment I allow my mind to focus on his, my mind starts working on its own. Diving into Dominic's mind, I am immediately shut out because my presence was not hidden from him.

He threw me out! Hmm!

Knowing that Fenris and Sierra are both looking at me in the hopes of knowing the truth, I focus on them and ignore Dominic for the time being. I need to focus on becoming stronger, for vengeance.

"I am a witch and I remember everything that has happened to me ever since I was born," I whisper causing Sierra to gasp. Fenris's eyes go wide as he listens to my words yet he doesn't react. It feels as if he wasn't aware of this ability and his lack of knowledge on this thing scares me a bit.

What if I am not a normal being? Will I be shunned out?

"Sestra, you forget that I am an empath too. When you get scared or nervous, I come to know. And henceforth, I will always know if you are in trouble so do not ever feel that you are alone. Okay?" he asks, pulling at his hair a bit.

Looking at him, hearing the concern for me, my eyes start tingling.

Is this the beginning of my good luck?

Jerkily, I nod my head, not yet sure how to behave with this couple. They are so accommodating and both of them have gone out of their way to make me feel at home.

"Yes. Thank you."

"Good. Then let me call Nora, she's our aunt. Mom's sister. She'll know things about you much better than any of us," says Fenris but I immediately start shaking my head.

"No!"

"Why?" he asks surprised that I am so vehemently against it. His eyes narrow as if thinking about it.

"I am not ready, yet. Meeting you all is taking a toll on me. I want to be physically stronger first," I answer truthfully and watch as Fenris relaxes in his seat and then nods at Sierra.

"Okay. Then I won't tell anyone that you came here. You can rest, heal and drain the negative magic pushed by Kestrel into your mind," offers Fenris and I nod, feeling really grateful that I found this man.

It may be late but I will forever be grateful for Fenris's and Sierra's help. They are my saviours. I look at Dominic, sensing his troubled mind and agree that he's my saviour too.

"You should sleep, Nikita," says Sierra and oddly it feels really good to be called by the name that mama gave me. Maybe being called by this name will lend me the strength to grow and exact my revenge on Wulfric.

"Yes. Thank you," I whisper not really knowing how to sleep.

I have never slept peacefully before. The constant malnutrition that was forced upon me slowly took away my ability to sleep. I remember sleeping when I was little but when I was young enough to work in the kitchen at Xavier's house, sleep started eluding me. I am still not sure why I am unable to sleep when I feel so exhausted.

I am on the verge of collapsing yet my eyes refuse to go to sleep. My mind refuses to rest.

Am I that afraid?

~~~~

I am lying on the soft cushions that are placed on a wooden plank. It's called a bed I recall Sierra's words. I close my eyes and just listen to the different sounds around me. I can hear human-like voices as well however they are quite faint. They aren't voices, more like sounds, throaty sounds. A growl, perhaps?