Chapter 27

"I am feeling fine, thank you," whispers Sierra as Elder Fridolf removes the bandage from her head. He presses on her forehead once, causing Sierra to wince.

"It's still tender, Luna. Why don't you take things slow? Be sitting for a few days. Do some desk work instead of on fieldwork," taunts Elder Fridolf while looking at Fenris. "Also, Alpha I would request you to please refrain from treating our precious Luna as a rugby ball."

My eyes widen at the blatant scolding that Elder Fridolf gives to my older brother. But at the same time, I also feel good. Fenris needs to be scolded for his irrational and errant behaviour. Fenris's eyes flash black at the scolding but he doesn't back-answer the Elder.

"I will take care," he whisper-growls instead and offers Sierra a hand when she goes to stand up. Sierra smiles at Fenris once, and my heart breaks for her.

"Elder Fridolf, we have a very pressing matter to discuss," begins Sierra while taking Fenris's support to pull on a pair of shoes. She then sits on the edge of the cot while staring at me. "Nikita, could you please bring Sascha here?"

"Yes, she's... waiting outside."

"Great. Let's go to the elder's office?" she asks, completely ignoring Fenris's guilt-filled eyes. I get the hint that she's trying to avoid the discussion about him hurting her somehow. I am not aware of the details but from the guilt flowing through Fenris, I feel that he has done something. Serves him right!

A short walk later, I find myself sitting in a chair beside my sister, as Elder Fridolf sits in the chair opposite us. Sierra and Fenris sit on the couch, against the wall.

"So, you are the twins. I do not remember about Queen Eva's pregnancy," whispers Elder Fridolf while leafing through a huge book. The book looks ancient with its yellow pages and mouldy smell.

"Queen Eva had the gift to play with memories. I remember Nora speaking about how she had suppressed Fenris's memories. Later, it was Nora who removed Queen Eva's magic from Fenris's mind, helping him to recover his memories slowly."

Fenris nods at Sierra's words and then continues, "yes, I remember bits and pieces of my childhood. But a lot of things are blurry. I do remember that mom was pregnant."

"Hmm, that's good. Elder Raoul could've been the best person to fill in the gaps. Goddess rest his soul in peace." Elder Fridolf's words confuse me, making me a little more curious but I keep quiet.

Sascha looks at me, her confusion overpowering my senses but I do not comment. I don't know what to do.

"Sascha is a werewolf. Nikita found her two days ago in a human town. Nikita, could you please share your memory about the incident?" asks Sierra, making Fenris look at me and nod encouragingly.

Taking a deep breath, I glance at Fenris once and then turn towards Elder Fridolf who has a neutral expression on his face but his aura has a soothing fragrance to it. He has an accepting nature, ready to help out which makes me feel a little at ease as I begin my story.

"My first glimpse of this world was that of my father's face. He had sweat on his face but it was very cold for me. We were in some sort of a cave. I didn't know about this before but now that I am extracting those memories, I can interpret them," I whisper and watch as Elder Fridolf nods at me.

"Yes, I remember that we were attacked on that day and we were all fighting a huge rogue army. Your parents were very protective of you, Fenris. They had never shown Fenris's face to anyone except for Elder Raoul. That made it easy for elder Raoul to hide the young prince. I can only imagine the care that they must have taken to hide you."