Chapter 37

All those questioning thoughts make my head throb in pain.

Shuddering once again, I push those thoughts away and then look at Alcina. She's looking at me right back. Her eyes burn with rage so strong that it threatens to consume me.

Why does she hate me?

Suddenly she lets out a cruel laugh that resembles an angry witch's cackle. I stifle the urge to flinch at the shrillness of her laugh.

"You don't know why I hate you?" she speaks, her voice hoarse. It was calm, few minutes ago. Now it's hoarse and it grates on my nerves. Her cloak-covered frame hides her body from me, only her rage-filled face visible.

I do not answer, unable to really form a conversation with her. Something in my gut tells me that I should not indulge into a conversation with this witch. She's evil through and through. Her pores also leak out the negativity that I find repulsing. How was she able to hide this negativity is a mystery to me!

Or perhaps she found a reason to turn evil after I met her?

I am so confused by her presence here that I do not even tremble when she appears right in front of me. She bends down at my eye level and stares into my eyes, her gaze searching for something and extremely angry.

"You ruined all my plans," she screams in my face, making me wince at her shrill voice. It's hurts my ears.

Backing off a bit, she continues glaring at me and then stomps her foot, her cloak fluttering around her as she does. She then looks around the cages and then a cruel smile makes up to her face.

It's sinister! And ugly!

"You will be one of them, soon," she coos, her voice soft all of a sudden.

I see her hand flicking before everything around me goes dark. The black magic seeps away from me and my skin stops prickling slowly.

She has left.

Only when I am sure that she's gone do I sigh in relief and rub my hands on the arms of the chair.

That was a frightening sight!

~~~~

In this place where there is only enemy keeping a watch on me, I feel utterly alone. This loneliness eats at me. Earlier, before Fenris saved me, I hadn't known what having a family meant like. Now that I have got a taste of having a family, I finally know that I was on a path of healing myself, mending my broken soul.

Now suddenly, my second chance at life got stolen away. Only because Alcina decided to go against me, against Fenris by hurting his sister.

I am sure by now Alpha Connor must have started looking for me. He must have informed Fenris as well. Who knows, Fenris might have already reached Blue Moon pack to search for me. The thought calms me a little but I also know that I have to get out of here myself. I can't risk Fenris being caught off guard by Alcina's true nature.

She might even trick him and then hurt him.

The thought alone is scary enough for me that I start thinking of ways I can get rid of these chains.

I think it's been more than a few hours since I have been brought here. First, Wulfric came to visit me and then Alcina came to visit me. After that, I was pretty much left alone with my own wandering thoughts.

And my magic is returning to me. Slowly, minute by slow minute, I am getting my magic to work. I can't use much of my energy but I can block my thoughts from being invaded. It's the first thing I tried after realizing that I can use a little of my magic.