Chapter 26

Landing inside the guest room, I rest myself against the wall and heave in a huge sigh.

The wall called to me. It communicated with me and showed me something. Ever since I saw that image in my mind, pushed by the wall; I cannot help but wonder about my fate.

Dominic is my true mate.

That's what the wall showed me and it shocked me to my core.

How is this possible?

Dominic told Fenris that he had a mate and that she died. He has made his life's mission to avenge her; then how can I be his mate?

All I know is that fated mates, soul mates, meet only once. How can I be his true mate when he already had a mate before?

All this information is revolving around my mind, giving me a headache and making me feel nauseous.

Unable to think of anything else, I walk upstairs to my bedroom, allowing my body to focus on the coordination between my eyes and legs and distract it from Dominic and the mate mess.

I open the door to my room and find Sascha sleeping on the bed but her sleep doesn't appear to be peaceful.

She's squirming on the bed as if a child, having a bad dream.

What do I do to soothe her?

Unable to think of anything, I send a soothing wave toward her sleeping form and watch as she stops frowning and a serene expression takes over her face. A few minutes pass by and I continue staring at her sleeping form, feeling envious of her sleep.

I also feel relieved that she can sleep so peacefully. She has not witnessed the demons of life. Mom was right in leaving her in the human town where she grew up like a normal person, without fearing for her life and virtue.

Sighing at the pitiful thoughts for myself, I close the door behind me and walk out of the room towards the Alpha's home. I know of the place and decide to land directly in front of the house by using my teleporting skills.

I am tired but I can still use my energy.

Landing right in front of the Alpha's house, I nearly scream when I see Alpha Connor sucking on Catrina's throat. Scared for Catrina's safety, I think of setting the Alpha on fire. The sight appeared grotesque at first but when I get a clear look at Catrina's pleasure-filled face, I relax.

Oh, Goddess! There's no pain around Catrina. She's happy, and I scent desire.

Embarrassed about the couple's open display of affection, I think of teleporting back to my guest room when Catrina's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Nikita," she whispers huskily while pushing away Alpha Connor's face away from her mouth. She chuckles a bit at his frown and I am nearly suffocated because of the love that's pouring out of both of them.

Newly wedded or mated couples look like this, I suppose. It's good! The dormant wolf is happy, bubbling with excitement and pleasure which makes me feel good for her.

And a little envious.

Shaking my head at the wayward thought, I glance at Alpha Connor who has a neutral expression on his face as he pulls Catrina in front of his body and rests his chin on his mate's head, rubbing his beard over her hair. Catrina sighs in his arms and then allows Alpha Connor to put his arms around her waist.

He looks like a cloak draped over his mate. Well, if Catrina doesn't have a problem then who am I to comment about it?

"Good afternoon," I whisper while resisting the urge to fidget with my hands. I shouldn't show that I am nervous to speak with the Alpha. I am comfortable enough with Catrina but Alpha Connor's blatant suspicion of my nature makes me a little hesitant.