Characters and Context

Malhotra Family:

Malhotra Family:

Manik Malhotra: A 23+ Punjabi boy

Manik Malhotra: A 23+ Punjabi boy. Tall, fair, handsome, well-built with an extremely charming personality. An architect by degree who has just passed out from his engineering college with brilliant marks. Lives in Delhi with his parents and his younger brother Dhruv. He is basically a no-nonsense guy with lots of obstinances. He believes if we want something with all conviction, no one can stop us to gain it. For him, love is perseverance, commitment and trust. He can go to any extent to get his love. When he was in the last year of his college, a beautiful girl came into his life. It was love at first sight for him. Nandini Murthy stole this hunk's heart on the first day. After that, no looking back for him. He dramatically proposed to her in front of a huge crowd in a mall and Nandini accepted it with a shy nod. Well, all was going good until Nandini's family come to know about their daughter's choice. Her grandmother and father reject Manik as their would-be son-in-law from the very fast. The reason is his caste. A Punjabi boy can never be a groom of a South Indian girl... That is their notion. Nandini tries a lot to convince them but all goes in vain. Manik never thought that inter-caste marriage could be an issue even in an educated family. Having no other option, he elopes with Nandini and gets married. However, what happened next? Well, we will know in this story.

Dhruv Malhotra: A 21+ boy

Dhruv Malhotra: A 21+ boy. The younger brother of Manik but totally opposite by nature. If Manik is fire then he is a cool breeze. He knows Nandini before Manik as she studies in his college but in a different stream. He is very shy and simple. It was Nandini who approached him to become friends. He works as a cupid in Manan's love story as he was the one who first saw admiration and love in his brother's eyes for Nandini and introduced her to Manik. The rest is history. When his elder brother tells his plan to elope with Nandini he becomes a bit sceptic about the consequences. However, he agrees after that and he is the main helping hand to arrange their run away and court marriage. Manik and Nandini always owe this to him.