Chapter 2 - "Love obstacles..."

Murthy house: Main door: 3:30 pm:

As Dhruv again knocks at the door hesitantly a man opens it. He is tall and stout, wearing a short white kurta and mundu (South Indian lungi). Dhruv measures him from top to bottom and gulps his saliva. He curses Manik in his mind. For his complicated love story, he has to take all these life risks.

Dhruv: (Gulps again) "Can I...talk to Nan...Nandini Murthy? She didn't..co...come to the...co...college to..today? I...I...I have to...gi...give some notes...to...he...herr.."

He glares at himself inwardly for stuttering like a donkey. The person rolls his button eyes at him.

The person: "Enu? (What?)"

Dhruv again gathers his words and courage.

Dhruv: (Sheepishly) "Can you call Nandini for a while?"

But this time that person doesn't answer. Instead, a barking sound of a dog invades Dhruv's ear. If on this earth he is afraid of anyone after his father Shrikant Malhotra, that is the dog. However, before he can locate the enemy, a tiny chestnut colour Spaniel runs at him like an arrow. Dhruv jumps at his place like popcorn and runs towards the garden. Needless to say, the small menace doesn't leave his target and continues his chasing. Dhruv keeps on rounding the garden like a directionless firecracker but his small enemy doesn't miss his goal. After 5-10 minutes he let go of the shame and starts screaming.

 After 5-10 minutes he let go of the shame and starts screaming

Dhruv: (Screams at his highest pitch) "Help...Help....It will kill me....Help....is anybody there....Stop this monster."

But his bragging and yelling make that little monster more determined and he increases his energy and speed. Dhruv is on the verge of crying when he locates a safe place. He storms towards it and within a minute, crawls inside. His enemy comes near and sits outside like a lion who is guarding its prey. Meanwhile, his screams were heard by the other family members of Murthy and some of them come outside.

Rituja Murthy: (With a frown) "Rama...why didn't you tie up Ador? You know how he reacts to unknowns. I hope he hasn't bit the poor soul."

They look around the whole garden but neither locate Dhruv nor Ador.

Vimesh Murthy: (Surprised) "But where is your that poor soul? I hope he hasn't vanished like a soul only...ha...ha..."

Rituja rolls her eyes at her sarcastic husband. Only then, Nandini locates Ador who is sitting like a winner just outside of his kennel. She points at him.

Nandini: "Appa, Amma...Ador.."

All rush at him. However, when they reach the spot, the sight puts them in a dilemma if they should laugh or show sympathy. Ador is sitting like a jail guard in front of his kennel while Dhruv is shivering and praying for his life inside it. All are looking at each other with sheer astonishment while Rama nears the entrance of the kennel and observes the trapped man minutely,