Chapter 22 - "The drama ended..?"

Inside the Magistrate room: 1:15 pm:

Dhruv: (Helplessly) "Rituja Aunty is beating Kunal and almost the whole court is gathered around them. I think Kunal is in real trouble, Bhai."

Dhruv rushes toward Manik and Nandini. Meanwhile, Shahid also enters at a hasty pace.

Shahid: (On a verge of crying) "Nandini, please do something. Your mother is in her worst mood. If she keeps on pulling Kunal's hair like this then I am afraid, very soon his head will come to her hand."

Nandini: (Cries) "WHAT? Amma...Nanage idannu nambalaguttilla. (I can't believe this)"

She almost runs outside. Manik, the Magistrate and others are looking at each other blankly. They even forget to react.

The Magistrate: (Worriedly) "Hey, she didn't sign the paper. What is happening here?"

Manik: (Haplessly) "The biggest drama of my life."

Saying this, he also bails out of the room followed by Dhruv and Shahid.

.....................................

The corridor of the court: 1:20 pm:

Nandini, Manik and other people come to the passageway. However, their vision and hearing collied with a big crowd and chaotic outcry. Nandini and Manik glance at each other. Their foreheads are lined with worry. At first, Nandini approaches the throng. Along with her, Manika, Dhruv and Shahid also try to pass through the crowd and reach the exact place. As they eventually push through the crowd, a shocking and jaw-dropping sight come on their face. Kunal is grappled by the police from his backside while Rituja is pulling him by his hair and two lady constables are trying to control her hostility. Along with this hair badassery, she doesn't forget to blow some slaps on Kunal's face from time to time.

Rituja: (Angrily) "How dare you kidnap me? You bodybuilder bull? What do you think? I can't protect myself? It's just that I slept (Ahem ahem...slept or passed out?) for some time. Otherwise, I would have thrashed you then and there. You Gorilla!"

In reply, Kunal can just sway his head in the direction Rituja is pulling his hair. Because he is totally helpless as the police are grabbing his both hands. He so wants to kick Dhruv on his smart ass for this harassment but unfortunately, no one is around to clear this misunderstanding. In fact, he himself doesn't understand what went wrong. The lady constables are pulling back Rituja instead of trying to free her hands from Kunal's hair. On the other hand, the other policemen who are grabbing Kunal are also tugging him causing maximum tension on his poor hair. In that position, all are helplessly taking round and round. A part of the mob is laughing at their action while some of them are cheering with peculiar lines,

The Mob: (Cheering) "Aunty...Chorna mat. Kaske pakdo. (Aunty...don't back out. Hold tight." "Yeh Hero...daye ja...daye ja...haan! ab sarko maror..( Hey Hero...take right..take right. Yes! Now, twist your head.) Abey yaar...Ghochu..Left jane ko kaun bola tha? (Oh fish...you dickhead...who told you to go on the left side?)" "Aunty aur khicho...ganja kardo is bodybuilder ko. (Aunty, pull more tightly. Make this bodybuilder bald."

All this hooting is coming from the crowd. As if they are enjoying some WWE final. That is enough for Nandini. She doesn't know Kunal but she knows her mother and this is not her usual behaviour. She can't see her mother being mocked and ridiculed by people in this way. She walks forward and stands in front of Rituja.

Nandini: (Yells) "Amma...Ammaaa....what are you doing? Leave him....leave him right now."

She tries to free her fist from Kunal's hair. However, Rituja still can't recognise her. Obviously, the credit goes to her attire. Simultaneously, the loud cheer of the crowd overpowered Nandini's voice.