Chapter 11

"So how are you and the redhead?" Felicia asked with a small frown, luckily for her Peter didn't notice.

"We are fine, I think anyway, she was a bit wary that I was hanging with you again. " Peter couldn't lie to Felicia, to him she always deserved the truth.

Felicia's eyebrow raised at what Peter said and smiled innocently. "What is the redhead jealous of me again? Does she think we have another kid together?"

Peter just chuckled at what Felicia said and put a fry into his mouth. " Nah she just thinks you are going to backstab me again."

Felicia frowned again. "Do you trust me?" She asked as she looked Peter in the eye.

"Always" Peter answered as he looked back into her eyes and he saw her smile softly.

"As long as you trust me, that's all that matters to me, the redhead will just have to get used to sharing her boyfriend."

Peter just chuckled again, his phone rang and he looked at the ID.

"Speak of the devil It seems she always calls when I am totally trying to seduce you," Felicia said with a smile, causing Peter to laugh and stand up so he could answer his phone. Felicia sat watching him, seeing him laugh was supposed to make her feel good on the inside and out but she didn't, she was experiencing the one thing she thought would never happen to her, jealousy. She sighed and continued to watch Peter, which recently was one of her favorite past times, but at this stage, it really wasn't.

'He is so happy, isn't he? Why do I try to get in the way of that? He was just a booty call, right? surely I can't feel more than that, like I know I said I loved him a couple of times but did I actually mean LOVE him? '

Felicia came out of her thoughts and focused again on Peter, she knew the answer to the question she was asking herself.

'I do love him, That's why I can no longer get in the way of his happiness. It would be so much easier for her if he felt the same but he was with the redhead and Peter is the type that is loyal. I can't do that to him, after everything he has been through, he deserves happiness. I just wish it was with me '

Felicia stood up and left cash on the table, she walked towards the door, ready to get out of Peter's life but a gentle hand on her shoulder stopped her, she turned and looked at Peter. She had a thoughtful look on her face.

'Should I tell him how I truly feel?'

"where are you going, Felicia?" Peter asked softly.

"Peter, I think its a good idea I head home. I don't want to interrupt anything between you and MJ, I am sorry for getting in the way"

Peter watched Felicia walk out and he followed her and grabbed her hand gently, making her face him again.

"Felicia, you are not getting in the way of anything between me and MJ, I don't know why-" Peter stopped talking as his senses began to alert him to danger, he started looking around and heard a bang and turned to see a bullet fly towards Felicia, acting as quickly as he could he moved her out of the way, but it wasn't fast enough, the bullet hit Felicia on the stomach and the blonde fell to the ground. Peter quickly wrapped his arm around her head so she wouldn't land with a thud. He took a quick glance to his left and saw Yuri walk away with a sniper on her shoulder. He couldn't worry about that now.

"Felicia, stay with me okay? It is going to be okay, I am going to get you to a hospital. " Peter gently scooped her into his arms, doing his best not to hurt her more. She was still conscious and she looked up at him. He looked down at her as he started to run towards the nearest hospital, He didn't care if anyone noticed his superhuman speed, all that mattered was getting Felicia to the hospital or she could die. Peter felt his begin to cloud with tears as some rolled down his cheek. He felt a soft hand cup his cheek and he looked down at Felicia, her thumb wiping them away from his cheek.