Chapter 17

Peter and Felicia were sitting on the sofa cuddled up together. It was early in the morning and Felicia and Peter had just woke up from a good night's sleep. They were currently watching the news when a news report caught their attention. They leaned forward to pay attention to the reporter.

"Breaking news this morning, we can confirm that Adrian Toomes AKA The Vulture has passed away this morning from the raft maximum security prison. Mr Toomes has died from cancer and will be cremated in the next few days. In other news Spider-Man once again.."

Peter turned the TV off and stared at it, he felt remorse that the Vulture succumbed to his cancer, no one deserved to die of that horrible disease. Felicia noticing his distress ran her hand down his back soothingly and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"What are you thinking love?" Felicia kissed his shoulder softly, hoping to give him some comfort.

Peter looked at her and wrapped his arm around her waist again, as he began to speak.

"I just feel like no matter what crimes the Vulture committed, he doesn't deserve to die from his cancer. No one does. "

Felicia nodded her head in understanding and snuggled into him more. " You are right, no one deserves to die like that. Are you going to be okay out on your patrol?"

Peter kissed her cheek and gave her a nod of his head, he really needed to let off some steam and going out on patrol was the best way to do that.

"Go, babe, I will be here when you need me. I always will be " Felicia said softly as she planted a soft kiss on his lips, causing him to blush.

"You are the best Felicia, I will be back soon " Peter smiled and stood up, he walked into the bedroom and came back a couple of minutes later in his full suit. He gave Felicia a small wave before walking to the balcony and leaping off, firing a web at a building as he started to swing to where he was needed.

Felicia remained on the couch as she continued to watch the news, she couldn't really pay attention because she was far too busy hoping that Peter would be okay.

Mary Jane sat in her office in the bugle. She had a thoughtful look on her face as she was going over some records on Norman Osborn that the Bugle had obtained a while back. She felt a hand touch her on the shoulder and she looked up to see Gwen Stacy smiling at her.

"Hey, Gwen what can I do for you?" MJ asked with a smile, she really liked Gwen. She was very hard working and was on par with Peter in the genius department.

"Hi MJ, I have that file you asked for. Can I ask you something though?" Gwen said with a smile matching MJ's

"Of course " MJ replied

"Well, Why do you need so much info on the former mayor? " Gwen asked curiously.

"Well I uh I am doing a story on his current whereabouts," MJ said hoping Gwen would buy it. She didn't.

"Well by the looks of it, you are just looking at warehouses or buildings he owns. I don't think that would make a good story. Whatever you are involved with MJ, be careful. "

"Gwen I will be fine I appreciate your concern but you have nothing to worry about. "

"Whatever you say MJ but I am just going to leave this here then. " She slid a piece of paper onto her desk with an address and a picture of a warehouse on it. " This warehouse seems to be the one most frequented by the former mayor. I have done some research and found that he has used this warehouse for some Oscorp equipment."

"How do you know it has equipment in it?" MJ asked as she looked over the piece of paper. Gwen just smiled when MJ looked at her again.

"Oscorp announced it when the warehouse was first bought by them a few years ago. It was in a press release. "