Chapter 23

Felicia was sat on her balcony, gazing out over the beautiful city she called home. It was a cold chilly night and she was in deep thought, the biggest fight of her life is looming closer and she isn't worried for herself, she is worried for Peter most importantly. She was confident that he could beat anyone but there was this nagging feeling in her mind that kept on saying "what if he didn't come back?" Felicia felt her eyes go slightly misty, she swatted her hands at her eyes and wiped the tears as they began to fall. She has never cried over a guy before but Peter just wasn't a normal guy, he was special, Spider powers or not. Peter gained her attention at first the first night they met, she was intrigued by his skills and she couldn't lie, but she thought he looked hot in his suit. A small smile appeared on her lips as she began to drift back to when times seemed so much simpler.

Flashback

Black cat grabbed the bag she was carrying with her and exited through the hole she cut in the roof of the jewelers that she was robbing. It was a big score, she managed to steal some valuable diamonds that will sell for a lot. She really didn't need the money but she enjoyed the thrill. She looked around and made sure no one was around, smiling when she realized the cops were still not there she started to make her escape but a deep voice behind her stopped her in her tracks, causing her to turn and look at the person that interrupted her. She gasped silently and started to look him up and down with appreciation evident on her face.

"How original by the way, a cat burglar actually dressed up as a cat." The man said to her.

"Spider-Man, I presume?" She said with a smirk on her face, ignoring his attempt at a joke.

"The one and only. " He muttered as he stared down the cat thief. "What do they call you? Catwoman? Nah can't be that, that one is already taken"

"Do you ever stop talking?" The black cat remarked trying to hold in a giggle.

"No I don't, I feel its a good way to keep you distracted while I web you up" Spider-Man fired a web at the cat thief but missed her due to her quick reflexes, he was rather impressed.

"Missed me, now you gotta kiss me." Black Cat blew him a kiss and started to run towards the roof. Dodging his web strikes every time, she smirked and turned around only to be hit by one on her back, causing her to fall forward, the smirk coming off her face instantly.

Spider-Man walked forward and went to pick up the bag she was carrying but he wasn't able to react quickly enough and Black cat managed to sweep his legs and bring him to the floor. She rolled over and sat firmly on his stomach as she noticed his lenses widen as she did so. She smiled down at him sweetly and put her hands on her hips.

"You are super cute in that skin-tight costume you know that? If I wasn't in such a rush, I would pull up a deck chair and enjoy the view. So I gotta run. " Spider-Man watched as she was about to stand up but instead of standing she rolled his mask up to expose his lips and leaned down, planting hers on his, giving him a lingering kiss. He felt his cheeks go red under the mask.

"See you around Spider." She whispered against his lips and dropped something into his chest and darted away. He went to chase her again but the thing in his chest exploded causing smoke to go everywhere. Once the smoke cleared he looked around but couldn't see her anywhere, she was gone.

End Of Flashback.

Felicia sighed as she leaned back into her chair, getting even more comfortable than before. She stared up into the night sky and thanked the heavens above for finally having someone who has changed her for the better. No matter what happened in the battle against Norman, she was going to make sure Peter made it out of it alive, even if it cost her own life.