Chapter 18: Firsts & Lasts

New Year's Eve..Eve?

"Please Noah, I'm pretty much on my knees begging right now.." I groaned as I clasped my hands together, shaking them up at my boss with my lips pouted.

"Britt, I'm sorry but I need you to be here tomorrow." Noah shrugged. "I just can't.."

"This is like my only chance with her, she asked me to be her date. Her DATE!" I huffed and dropped my hands to rest on my thighs as I sat back on my knees. "When am I going to get another chance like that?" I said quietly with my eyes lowered. "Never."

"I can almost guarantee that this New Year's Eve party won't be the last of your chances." He replied with a little chuckle at the end. I looked up at him with my brows furrowed. How could he be laughing at a time like this? I was so close to being Santana's date to a fancy party but I can't even go because of him.

"This is not a laughing matter.."

"Oh Brittany, I'm not laughing at you." He said in a reassuring voice. "More so the whole situation actually." He laughed again and it made me confused. "Let's just say that you aren't the only one that's been begging me to let you get the night off or at least go home early." The way he narrowed his eyes at me and smirked confused me even more.

"I don't get it.."

"Santana, Britt, I'm talking about Santana." He sighed. "She's been all over my ass trying to make me send you home early tomorrow night, but I keep telling her that it will be too busy and I need you here." He explained with all these crazy hand gestures. "She's very persistent too!" So Santana really wanted me to go to this party of hers? "She almost broke my arm when I told her 'no' the first time, but I said if she did she definitely wasn't going to be helping you leave early." Wow so Santana really really wanted me to go then. "I'm really sorry Britt because I know how much Santana means to you and all, but I just can't give you the night off.."

"Well what abou-"

"And I definitely can't send you home early either." I exhaled deeply and nodded in defeat. Well, it was worth a try. "I really need you to be here, Brittany, I'm sorry."

"Fine." I sighed, the sound of all my hopes and dreams shattering around me.

"I'll let you get back to practicing." He bowed and turned to leave me to sulk. I laid back on the floor trying to think of other ways around this, but I couldn't think of anything. Santana had to be at her company's party since she owned it and I had to be at Showtimes or else I'd get fired. There was no hope in me leaving early, and I doubt Santana would try to come see me since the hotel the party will be at was on the other side of town and navigating the streets on New Year's Eve in New York was like a death wish. What to do, what to do?

"Hey Britt, what are you doing on the floor like that?" Kurt's cheery voice rang as he exited the dressing rooms to the open studio. "Yoga?"

"I haven't even seen Star Wars." I answered bluntly, too engaged in my thoughts to really process what was being said.

"Uhm..okay?" Kurt mumbled and sat down next to me on the floor. "You look like you're in some deep thought. You need to have some girl talk?" He asked smiling down at me with eyebrows raised. I could never turn down girl talk with Kurt especially when he smiled that elfish grin.

"It's Santana.."

"Of course.." He smiled then waved his hand out. "Go on.."

"So after everyone left the Christmas party, Quinn and Sam caught me and Santana under the mistletoe but I didn't want to kiss her on the lips because I tried that one time and she didn't want to because she thought it was too soon so I kissed her on the cheek but Quinn said that Santana's eyes were closed so that means she wanted a real kiss but I missed my chance because I was too scared..'' I said in one breath while Kurt attempted to keep up with my rambling.