[RQ/S21] elitist

private chat !
huitime & 8o8

8o8:
Hey
Do you happen to be free today?

huitime:
Oh hi
Yeah I am, whats up?

8o8:
I uh
Just need another person to be with

huitime:
No one else free?
Its just, i didn't think I'd be on your list of people to hang with

8o8:
Please?
I actually need to make myself look busy
It's a
Situation

huitime:
Sounds like it
Hm, yeah alright
Where do you wanna go?

8o8:
Oh my god really?
Thank you thank you thank you
You saved my life you have no clue

huitime:
Yeah yeah
Answer my question

8o8:
Oh right
Can you meet me at the studio the team practices in sometimes?
Im already there

huitime:
Sure, be there soon

▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣

Minghao was waiting in the practice room the performance boys in the chat sometimes met up in. Many of them had met up by this point, and the performance team had done some "for-fun" routines together, yet Junhui and Minghao still didn't consider themselves close with each other. Just dance with the group and head out, make friends later. They didn't know why that was their stance, especially since they seemed like they could get along well, but that's how it was.

"Hey Jun."

"Hey Minghao, what'd you need me here for?"

"Okay wait can we at least pretend we're close friends meeting up and this is normal?"

Junhui hesitated for a moment, but replied with a yes.

"Okay so," Minghao brought up, "Hi Jun, so I brought you here today so we could hang out and-"

Yeah, this didn't feel right.

Minghao started again, "Yeah nevermind, I'll just tell you why I needed you here."

Junhui held in his laugh, not sure if it would be appropriate for right then, so instead he said "Okay, lay it on me then."

"Yeah, my busking team asked if I was free, and since I haven't actually told them i was gonna quit-"

Junhui interrupted in shock, "You didn't tell them? Actually, you didn't already get out of there?"

"We've been on a break so I wasn't thinking about it."

"Well, you didn't tell them when they asked today?"

"..."

"Hao?"

Minghao came out of his haze and decided to tell Jun the full truth, hoping it would help in some way. "Okay listen, I get they treat me in a way I don't like, but I guess I don't want to say anything because I don't want to upset them."

"That doesn't-"

"Make sense? I know," Minghao paused to think of any reason why it might make sense, "I guess its the treat other how you want to be treated stuff, which is dumb, because why am acting nice to them if- whatever, I just don't wanna hurt them for some reason."

Jun couldn't feel it, but he was definitely showing some reaction on his face, because Minghao responded to it with a 'I don't get it either.'

This is when Jun had a weird realization.

"Hao, you are a really kind person. Like, you are extremely sweet."

"Oh- uh, thank you-?"

"And extremely stupid."