[S85] big day

Mingyu opened the door at the sound of Jeonghan ringing the bell, and welcomed both excited Jeonghan with his pseudo makeup kit and a frazzled looking Joshua who very clearly got dragged out of his house for this.

"Sorry to be so early, I'm just excited and figured starting makeup early could help save time."

"No worries!" Mingyu exclaimed, "Soonyoung's already inside setting up the pregame playlist."

Immediately Soonyoung yelling was heard. "I don't know why Seokmin entrusted me with setting up technology! 'Just do it when you get here' I said, but noooo, I gotta do it." Soonyoung drawled, sounding more than upset.

"Yeah," Mingyu explained, "Apparently Seokmin is a little behind so he sent his playlist to Soonyoung and asked him to handle it in his absence. And someone," He added a bit louder, "Is not a fan of the idea!"

They all walked back in, and Joshua made himself useful by helping Soonyoung set up the speaker system, much to Soonyoung's appreciation. Jeonghan immediately found a place to set up his station and decided to start with Mingyu, as he was already dressed. Soonyoung took the role of cheerleader, complimenting Mingyu and Jeonghan, which was cuter since neither of them had all their makeup on yet.

Time went on and Joshua answered the door in Mingyu's place, welcoming already styled Wonwoo and Jihoon, very clearly matching their boyfriends inside, and a very nicely dressed Seungcheol, which Jeonghan would be happy to see. As Joshua thought, Jeonghan was happy, which is why he started on Wonwoo's makeup, a little too shocked by Seungcheol to be that close to his face that quickly, and he thought it would 'be nice to have one couple fully ready anyway,' (a perfect excuse, thought Joshua.)

Seokmin soon followed, apologizing to a grudge-holding Soonyoung about the music and asking what he could do to help everyone else. Wonwoo gave some ideas, and this led to Jihoon grabbing Mingyu's hair supplies and taking on that side of wardrobe, and Seokmin texting to ask for whereabouts and manning the playlist for Soonyoung, ('Finally!' he cried.)

Next was Minghao walking in like he owned the place, suitcase and all. As far as Joshua was concerned, he did own the place because Minghao was the one holding the dress code rule together, so as much as he wanted to laugh at the suitcase, he kept quiet.

"I'm glad I'm not the first here, we should get to work fast. Hopefully those of you I texted about items came or will come prepared."

Minghao's first reaction after his speech was to look at the small number of people already there so he could survey outfits, and when he got to Mingyu he stopped.

"No, why do you actually look good, now I have to compliment you."

"You don't have to," Mingyu smiled, seemingly innocent, "I already know I look great."

"Right, I take it back then," Minghao retorted as he rolled his suitcase off to the side.

Everything was kind of a whirlwind from that point on, Joshua literally being pushed to different places of the house for outfit design with Minghao and Jun, who arrived quickly after his boyfriend, and then pushed to every other station, including a food station which was courtesy of wonderfully thoughtful Seungkwan and Vernon arriving with grocery and fast food bags in hand earlier.

Chan seemed to be having the same mindset, as he got pushed around for favors, talking about "Grab the safety pins" from Minghao and "Could you ask Mingyu where his other makeup wipes are?" from Jeonghan and more.

"I have never been more tired in my life," he sighs as he settled into a hair for Jihoon to do his hair, who responded "tough luck, kid."

Yeah, this was a good idea, thought a smiling Joshua.