[S58] the 'crush'ening

"Hmm, I didn't think this through enough, did I?"

The guys had tired out long ago, and were just deciding where to put everyone so they could sleep. This is when Seokmin realized that while he had air mattresses and space, it was still a bit hard to figure it all out. He didn't want anyone to be uncomfortable, the good host he was.

"It's fine," Joshua affirmed, "We'll figure it out, I'm sure some of us have slept next to each other before, no biggie... also shut up Jeonghan."

"Okay, I was not gonna make that joke."

"I was," Wonwoo unhelpfully added.

"I was thinking it but I wasn't gonna say it," Chan also unhelpfully added.

Seungkwan interrupted a conversation that could've gone forever with this group by saying a simple, yet tactful "Y'all need God."

"Well, about the rooms, let's just stick ji in a cabinet and call it a night!" Exclaimed Mingyu, unaware of the anger this would evoke.

"Oh, haha, very funny tree two."

"Why am I tree two?"

"Cause I don't like you so you can't be first."

"And we could stick you in a cabinet too Mingyu, it would just hurt you a lot more than it would Jihoon," Minghao threatened.

Seokmin tried to claim them down, "Alright alright alright, maybe we'll draw sticks or something? Just do pairs and then we can figure out where everyone sleeps."

"Someone's gonna be left out and I assume it's me."

"Nah, no way Chan, why don't I add a pair to my room? So the trio takes my room and no one's left out of the fun times," Seokmin smiled.

"Should we just put the pairs in different rooms? You have enough empty space here to space us out on the air mattresses," Joshua suggested.

"Sounds good, does that work?"

▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣ | ▣ - ▣

"Hey man... Uh, we don't hang out enough for small talk."

"Agreed," Seungcheol said, "We both only hang out with like, 3 people in the group."

"Oh, right..." Chan realized, "Is that a problem? It probably is, huh?"

"You could say that," Seungcheol laughed.

"So? How are you and the boyfriend?"

"Oh, good, good. Great."

There was a pause, where Seungcheol went back to what he was looking at on his phone and Chan waited for the man to say more. When that didn't happen, he put in a very demanding, 'Details?' and made eye contact, eyes shining.

"Ugh, you children nowadays, what do you want to know?"

Chan just gave a suggestive face, to which Seungcheol immediately denied.

"Fine, fine," Chan gave in, "How about this, any fun events recently? Visit the parents? Monthiversaries? Something else that I don't understand cause I don't relationship well?"

"Mm, no, but I was thinking of taking him out to celebrate his great show performance. I just think he doesn't see how well he did, so I wanna make sure he knows."

"Wow, you're disgustingly caring."

"Thank... you?"

"Sure, man."

Seungcheol just shook his head at the interaction and tried to think of a way to continue the conversation. Chan had now also grabbed his phone and started scrolling, so Seungcheol also felt as though he shouldn't interrupt.