[S82] friendship is

The day started with Joshua being thrown into party preparations by his parents. Well, his parents got him up but he thinks it was his aunt's request given how she was running around and nothing but a bossy tone and snapping fingers (not doing any of the work herself either...)

He knew this would be an awful experience to say the least considering how even his littlest cousins were working on the event too.

So, it seemed he should just try to blend in and help today, not be all defiant or anything like he had so wanted to do for preparations recently. He hopped over to the closest group he could find and just asked if he could help. It was his father's and some other adult men he wasn't sure if he knew doing... something, possibly fixing tables and chairs?

He was apparently given the job of mechanic's little helper at this group cause the only thing he heard until he left an hour later was "The wrench. Screwdriver, not the flat! The Phillipps. (not that he caught what that meant fully but switching screwdrivers didn't get him yelled at so...) Right, now where's the oil, also prop this up then follow me to the next one, etc."

He decided the kids table could work next, cause how hard would decorations be? Half an hour of glitter glue on faces and marker ink on ears later, he got it. Although his part of the large event banner didn't look awful! He would never sign it in fear a family member would comment on it negatively.

He went to the kitchen next, maybe dishes or cooking could be calm.

And it was! The gossip was hella spicy though, to the point where he was almost scared to comment and join in. He just minded his business and continued cleaning and organizing dishes, but he felt bad for Gina, Jenny, Kelly, Carol and the many other victims spoken of by the adult females in the room. The gossip here was nuttier than Seungkwan and Jeonghan in the same room, which... yeah.

He did manage to escape his aunt and any other nagging family for the whole day!... but that didn't mean he felt good. In fact, he kind of wanted to curl up in a ball in an isolation chamber until time stopped, which was dramatic, but dramatic is a side effect of tiredness as far as he's concerned. The sensory overload from the constant chatter, the nerves, and the fact that he'd rather be anywhere else that the ceiling fan was about to get a fistful of Josh if it didn't stop creaking too, so safe to say he needed downtime.

'It seemed to be one of those days where everything got in the way and you just slow into a depression at some point,' Joshua thought.

This is why he spent a gracious amount of time hiding outside the venue, texting around in the groupchat trying to find somewhere else to be, where he could mellow out and have fun with his best pals. It took time because, extremely unfortunately for the whole world, Jeonghan was busy today and couldn't be around. This Joshua begging in the groups for company and such.

Finally, his savoir, Seokmin came around and offered another musical night, and Joshua thought that sounded like the best idea ever for him right now. He ditched as sneakily but quickly as he could and got to Seokmin's house in a track time that had both of them shocked.

"Again, this means a lot, I need wind down time so bad and Jeonghan ditched me."

"Yeah, he had a study session or something, right? He mentioned in passing he's super busy-"

Joshua interrupted, still being dramatic, "The bane of my existence nowadays."

"Well, you have everyone else to play safe zone, I don't mind it, musical night is the best kind of night."

"You aren't lying," Joshua noted as he welcomed himself onto the couch and turned on the TV. He had clearly gotten comfortable here, funny to think about when you remember the little spat the two had way back when...

Anyhow, the musicals started, snacks and meals were ordered, and the night was young. Of course, the only party they had was dancing along and acting out 'Big Fun' from Heathers, but it was still a blast for these two. They got on a little dance train too, skipping through youtube just watching and joining in choreography like the 'Hand Jive' and the finales in the'Teen Beach' Movies.

"Wait, hear me out, which part can you see everyone in the group playing in Seussical? I'm aware that's weird, but I imagined you as the judge the other day and can't get it out of my head."

"Oh, the vocal range?" Seokmin shyly clarified, "I mean, maybe... All I got is Chan could be Gertrude, I'm not sure, I don't think about this as much as I should."

"...No, yeah you're completely right. And I play this game all the time, who's who in what. It's a brain game for boredom, works like a charm."

Conversations as above continued too, they came to the conclusions of many casts based on their group, all of which came to the main conclusion that a 'SEVENTEEN musical' needed to exist, and fast.

This is what friendship is, they both thought, so much comfort in one place at any time.

Seokmin glanced to his side a while later and saw that Joshua was asleep. 'Good for him, as tired as he was today,' he thought. Seokmin decided to finish up the musical they had been on then sleep too. Whether or not he was moving either of them from the couch was still in question, but Hairspray was more important at the moment.

After the quieting singing ended along with the credits, Seokmin turned off the TV and sat with his thoughts for a bit, relaxing himself into a sleeping mood. He thought about Joshua and his stress, wondering if he could help in any way, and what could possibly be so wild as to cause Joshua to sleep this well after a long day. He thought about those details more and more, and then remembered that Joshua offered intives to the party, or to try and ask for them at least.

Seokmin would have to remember to ask about the group being invited when Joshua woke up. His being there if things got to be too much might help, even just the presence of friends may sooth Joshua's troubles. Seokmin did know he could always commission Jeonghan to play the role if extended invites were a no...

But it'd be nice if it could be him.

//17.82//

This isnt short shut up sjsoksj

Ngl I kinda didn't realize till now how weird the makeup of Josh's family is here in comparison to real life bc I don't know if he has family in South Korea?? Im not even sure if this story takes place there? Let's just ignore that and the fact that I'm not sure about his family makeup in terms of aunt uncles etc either...

Bye i never do research apparently KSJDLSK

Ngl kinda had a day like the first part today just like everything got in the way and wHEW so much sensory overload but idc imma go sleep soon and then you know what I like sleep so I'll be fine

Also I totally forgot to mention but that cold I had??

Still here but its allergies and they wont go.

So now i have an inhaler and these nose sprays things and allergy pills and wOW am i medicated as hell i even switched my anxiety med for unrelated reasons but like still SO MUCH MED KDHKS

So forget about that party i mentioned a while back lol life out to get me but again... i have sleep so its cool

-zi, who is d r u g

Yes very good outro very much shows how i feel with all this. keeping it