[S34] leaf

"Well," Jun says as he drops to the ground to lay next to Minghao, "Doesn't this feel familiar?"

Minghao, who had apparently brought a book with him and was reading, (it's a friendly gathering bro, what's the deal?) replied in a dismissive tone, "I don't know what youre talking about."

Jun had rolled over on the ground basically on top of Minghao's feet and put on his best little kid whine. "Why are you still mad at meeeeee."

"This is how I always am."

"No it's nottttt," Jun continued with a whine.

"That's a pretty big claim to make without evidence," Minghao challenges, finally moving his face from his book, "so I hope you have some."

"...This isn't a trial dude," he says, dropping the kid voice and sitting up to meet Minghao's eye line, "and for the record I do have evidence," he smiles.

"Oh yeah? like what?

"Like when you told me the reason you wouldn't quit your busking group was because you didn't want to upset them even though they didn't treat you well, you big old sap."

Well, something got Minghao to look up from his book.

"You were way too nice. That's the day I knew you weren't all anger. You're anger, sweetness and stupidness!" Jun exclaimed.

"I cannot express how offended I am right now."

"Then don't. It's cool. I got my point across."

Minghao just rolled his eyes and kicked Jun in his side. He went back to reading and Jun moved next to him and leaned on his shoulder. Minghao didn't shake him off for some reason, he just asked what he was doing. Jun asked back about the book he was reading, so Minghao just shook his head and went back to reading. Jun let this happen because he cared more that Minghao was very clearly waiting for him to finish the page before turning it. That meant more to him than having his question answered.

On the other hand, or in case, side of the park, a group of five were having weird discussions while sitting in a circle together. Well, at least two were discussing, the other three were observing (in mental pain at the stupidity.)

"All I'm saying is," Soonyoung starts, "between a shark and piranha, I actually think the chances are very equal for either to win."

"But hear me out, dolphins." Seokmin rebutts.

"...Yeah, okay, you have a point. But I'll see your dolphins and raise you... laser dolphins."

"Since when are they playing poker?" Seungkwan whispers to Vernon, who's sitting next to him.

"Since when did they escalate from normal animals to laser dolphins?" Vernon mummers back.

"I don't even know if that's how poker is played."

"Of course you don't Chan, you're underaged."

"Aren't you also underaged?"

"Would we even know how to play if we were of legal age?" Vernon adds.

Seungkwan and Chan both mutter agreements and go back watching Soonyoung and Seokmin...bet... in their arguments.

Well, Chan does. Seungkwan actually asked Vernon what he's listening to. He noticed in the time that they discussed how poker worked, Vernon had gotten out his headphones and just tuned them all out for the most part.

Vernon, instead of replying, just offered Seungkwan his right earphone so they could listen next to each other. Seungkwan gladly took the earphone from him and started singing with Vernon. He wouldn't necessarily say the music was his taste, but it wasn't bad in any way, so he gladly bopped along while Vernon mouthed the words to the beat.