Day 4| Cold shoulder

Cold Shoulder

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Luna appears in the kitchen to make a cup of tea for you. While her mind was occupied with the recipe, a part of her felt sick at the thought of her being alone inside the four wall cage. The rational part knew you, Taehyung and her baby were few steps away from her. But that didn't help the anxiety that took over most of her senses. It's stupid; she knew that but couldn't do anything about it. 

''Luna!'' She snaps out of her own thoughts when she hears and sees Taehyung running towards her to pull her away from the stove. The hot kettle immediately crashes on the ground, splattering hot, boiled water everywhere. ''Where is your head?! You almost burnt yourself!'' Taehyung angrily delivered.

Luna's heart rushed in adrenaline. She looked at her hands and body, finding them safe and uninjured. ''Are you even listening to me?! Since when did you become so irresponsible?!'' Worry came out of his mouth in disguise of insults. 

''Don't talk to me like that!'' She gripped herself off him.

''I will if you decide to be constantly somewhere else and risk your safety like this!'' He spat. ''If you can't even take care of yourself, how will you take care of a baby?!''

Luna's jaw dropped. ''So everything is my fault?!'' She raised her voice. 

''Quiet. We are not at our house that you're behaving like this.'' The couple's resentment over one another grew as the atmosphere thickened with tension. 

''Luna? Taehyung? Is everything okay?'' You walk in the kitchen with Luca straddling you. The couple shifts and loosens their expression. 

''Ah, of course!'' Luna smiled immediately. ''I-I almost dropped the kettle on me so Taehyung got angry because he loves me soo much and he's soo worried.'' She speaks with sarcasm before leaving the kitchen.

You look at Taehyung confusingly when he comes forward to take Luca. ''I will put him to sleep. Can you check up on Luna please?''

You nod and watch him also leaving the kitchen. You follow him out until you begin to walk towards your bedroom where you knew Luna went to. You find her sitting on the bed, mindless. You walk towards her, knowing very well she was suppressing her pain; you could see it too clearly this time. 

''What's wrong? Now don't even deny-''

''Can you hug me?'' She requests.

You took a pause. Sighing at last, ''Of course.'' You breathily speak before kneeling in front of her and finally draping your arms around her to hug. You silently wait for her to finish as you picked up some sounds of her sniffling. 

''I don't know what is happening to me.'' She pulls out and you sit next to her. ''I don't know why I don't feel happy nowadays. Everything feels so so shitty. I don't even have any specific explanation for this. When someone asks me 'are you okay' I don't know what to answer. Am I okay? Maybe I am scared. Maybe I am a loser. Or maybe I just don't deserve a family. Whole life I wanted to have a family, now that I got one, I am too scared to do anything.''

Your suspicion turned into fear. ''Luna, it's okay. It's okay if you're confused. You are not meant to know everything. We can figure it out together.'' You state. ''Does that mean you and Tae...''

''We are not happy right now. We are simply trying to deceive people at this point with our happily married facade. It's not even his fault, it's mine. After I had Luca, everything just went downhill. I don't even know if I am his wife anymore. On paper yes, but what about emotionally or even physically?''