Day 10| Regrets

Day 10: Regrets

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Taehyung has never felt more numb than he did at the moment. His fist was bleeding yet somehow he felt no pain washing him over. His mind clouded with uncertain judgement and pain. The memory of the incident creeps into his mind and disperses the line of rationality and clouded perception.

''Taehyung, I got you-'' Jimin enters the room and catches his bloody fist. ''Oh God, Tae for fucks sake!'' His concern mixes with anger when he leaves the plate of food on the table and walks out to grab some plasters.

When he returns, he doesn't share a word with his brother but sits down next to him on the floor to take his hand to tend the wound. ''You messed up big time, brother. You shouldn't have done that.''

Taehyung reminds himself what had gone down at the party. Elle's poisonous words aligned perfectly with their relationship. Whatever Elle had told about him and Luna; everything was correct. Their relationship has damaged severely. Elle was right, Luna is no longer happy with him, no longer wants to be with him. She thinks of Taehyung as a failure and that is why she hasn't spoken to him properly for months. Locking herself inside a room for the longest time, avoiding him when she could and start arguments at the smallest disagreements.

Then came Luna, fuming with blinding rage that she almost hurt Elle when she is pregnant, accusing her of ruining people's lives. At first, Taehyung was confused and lost, then something triggered within him, unknown when the situation grew out of hand and somehow shifted towards their own married life. The couple exchanged hurtful words and blamed each other for everything. ''You're telling me exactly what happened? You never create scenes in public because you hate attention, then what the fuck happened? Why did you two suddenly start fighting?''

''It's not sudden, Jimin. This has been going on for months now.'' Taehyung voice appeared indifferent and hollow. Then he tells Jimin everything. Everything from the beginning on how Luna hasn't been herself for the longest time, how their relationship has been bruised and damaged. He tried to talk to Luna many times, but each time something happened and their hostility came in the way, leading to one argument after another. ''I don't know what happened to me at the party. All I remember is talking to Elle, drinking the drink she offered. She was telling me how much Luna isn't happy with me, how she wishes to separate. Then Luna came, things got ugly between her and Elle. I don't know Jimin, I felt my emotions and resentment in me grow all of a sudden at that time. All I remember is Luna screaming and then me losing my mind.'' He pushes a hand against his forehead. ''I don't know Jimin, it felt exactly like the times I used to date Elle, my IED suddenly got triggered after years.''

Jimin frowns as an immediate memory triggers within his head. He remembered the medicine Elle made Taehyung take during the course of their relationship, which made his condition worse than better. ''You drank something?'' That's all he could ask.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! I shouldn't have trusted Elle. If his assumption is correct, then the only person who was with Taehyung that night was Elle.

''I don't want to justify your action because what you did was terrible regardless of what you drank or not. You weren't yourself and you created a whole scene, announcing your problems to the world. You insulted Luna and your relationship with her. But, there is a small chance that there was something in the drink that caused you to act more intensely than usual. Otherwise, I know you, you never disclose your problems to us, let alone suddenly announce it to the whole world and have a public fight.''

Their discussion was cut short when a loud banging noise overwhelms their hearings. ''OPEN UP KIM TAEHYUNG!'' You bang against the door as loudly as your fist allowed. You felt anger piling up within you like a stack of rocks. Jimin leaves his brother for a slight moment to open the door.