XII

| I Don't Wanna Live Forever / Zayn & Taylor Swift |

[ Y/n ]

"Shit..." I sat up and looked around.

When did I get to Finn's room?

I looked over at the bedside table and picked up a note and some painkillers.

Y/n... I'm at a friends' place...
Please don't be home when I come back...
I don't want to see you.

I stared at the note and then looked around. My phone buzzed and I picked it up, hoping it was Finn.

It was Lily.

I got out of bed and took the painkillers. Why can't I remember? What did I do?

.  .  .

"Holy fuck! We were looking for you all night! What happened?! Where were you?! Are you ok? Did you walk home?"

I looked at the floor and shrugged. "My boyfriend took me back to his place. I'm fine." I mumbled. "Y/n-"

"Can I just go to sleep... Please?"

She shrugged and I walked past her to my room.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Finn. It went straight to voicemail and I closed my eyes.

[ Finn ]

"Finn... I'm sorry. Lily wanted me to come. Can we please talk? I can't remember what happened after I arrived. I'm so sorry. I... I want to talk about this. Please."

I looked out the window and my whole body felt like it was being consumed with anxiety. So many bad things could have happened to her.

I got out of my car and walked into the school.

My heart was really racing as I walked to the administration office.

"Finn!" The headmaster greeted me. I smiled nervously and waved. "Come in. I just want a quick chat."

I walked into his office and sat down.

"So. There were some photos from last night of one of your students in your car... Can I have an explanation?"

"Yes. My friends own the club we were at. I saw her and noticed how wasted she was. Some guy was trying to get her to come home with him. Her friend was no where to be found so I helped her into my car. I got her to tell me her phone password and texted her friend who gave me her address so I took her home."

It was all a lie. But a good one. One that would help me keep my job.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded and we maintained eye contact for a moment. "Well that's what I thought happened. We're lucky to have you, professor."

I smiled and nodded.

"Alright well. Get going."

I nodded and stood up, thanking him before leaving.

When I got back in my car I quickly rushed out of the parking lot back to my apartment. I was shaking. This is a horrible idea.

Dating a student?!

What was I thinking?!

I rushed up to my apartment, my fingers digging into my palms.

"Finn?"

I looked down and Brooklynn smiled at me. "Brooke? Where's your mom?" I looked around and she hugged my legs.

"She's at work! I snuck out." She whispered.

"Brooke that's bad. Is someone watching you?" She shook her head and giggled. "You weren't home. Is Y/n/n there?"

I sighed and shook my head. "No, no. Y/n isn't here right now."

"Call her!"

I laughed and shook my head. "No. She's busy right now." I picked her up and carried her back to her apartment.

"Let me call your mom though..."

.  .  .

After babysitting Brooklynn I had cooled down and called Y/n over.

"Y/n?"

"Finn! I'm so happy you called I-"

"Just come over... We need to talk..."