XXVI

| Apocalypse / Cigarettes after sex |

[ Y/n ]

Finn came into the living room and I paused my show. "I'm going to go to therapy." He said uncertainly.

I looked around and then back at him. "Are you asking me?"

"No... I just wasn't sure what you'd think of it."

I smiled and nodded. "I'm happy for you. Why wouldn't I be?"

Finn shrugged and came over to sit with me.

"I don't know. I didn't want you to think I was like... Weak or looking for attention."

I pulled Finn over and he put his head on my chest. I played with his curls and his arms wrapped around my hips.

"Therapy is not a bad thing. It doesn't make you weak Finn. I'm t takes a lot of courage to get help."

He nodded and sat up to look at me.

"Also I want a dog."

.  .  .

Finn and I sat in the office of his new therapist together. I was a little anxious about maybe another student coming in but Finn seemed occupied with other things.

I grabbed his phone and turned it on.

"Super bass?"

Finn snatched his phone back and I smiled. "I'm nervous." He whispered.

"Why?"

"What if I cry in front of him?"

I sighed and put a hand on the back of Finn's neck.

"Finn. It's ok to cry."

He looked over at me and groaned. "I'm so nervous. I just want to get it over with."

"Wolfhard?"

Finn's head shot up and I stood up, holding my hand out to him.

He took it and we slowly walked towards the door.

The older man was a lot shorter than us. He had a warm smile and unique glasses. He welcomed us in and went over to his seat.

Finn sat down and I sat down next to him. The man grabbed his notes and looked at them.

"Finn? Nice to meet you."

Finn laughed nervously and looked over at me.

I caressed his hand and he looked back at the man.

"So... You said you want an evaluation. Do you think something is wrong?"

Finn started bawling and rambling about everything and how he was so sorry he was such a mess but he just wanted help and to be his old self.

When he finished the old man simply stood up, walked over to a basket and came back with two stuffed animals.

He handed them to Finn who held it cautiously.