XIX

[ Y/n ]

"What? Where- where did you hear that?" I asked.

"Some girl overheard it in the deans office... He was really upset."

I immediately left the apartment and ran down to my car, going to Finn's apartment. Who? Who would do this? Why? You could tell he was distraught.

This is all so fucked up.

He's barely had time to process his brothers death and now this?

I was speeding which I knew I shouldn't have been but I got there safe and ticket free.

I ran out of my car and inside the building. I smashed the elevator button and the doors opened quickly. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I stepped inside and pressed the 12 button. God why is this taking so long? The doors shut and the elevator started to rise.

No texts or calls from Finn was alarming.

I watched as the numbers dauntingly rose before finally reaching 12. The door opened and I ran down the hall, unlocking his door when I got to it.

Thank you for giving me a key, Finn.

I came inside and shut the door. "Finn?" I looked around for him but he wasn't on the balcony or in the living room. I ran into his room and then his bathroom.

Finn was passed out on the floor with a bottle of vodka in his hand.

I rushed to his side and put his head on my legs. "Finn? Finn, can you hear me?"

He hummed and the bottle rolled out of his hand. I picked him up and dragged him into his room. I put Finn on his bed and he whined.

He slurred some words I didn't understand and I sat him up and put the blankets over his legs. "Alright... It's ok. It's ok... We just need to wait for you to sober up."

I turned the tv on and pulled Finn closer to me.

He was mumbling random things and holding onto me. I looked down at him and frowned. You can see it all over him.

I furrowed my brows and noticed a scratch on his side.

I pulled his shirt up some and my eyes widened. There were bloody scratches all along his pale skin. I got out of bed and went back into his bathroom. I searched through the cabinets until I found some antibiotic cream and a box of bandaids.

I walked back out and he had turned on his back. "Finn... Move." I shifted him and opened the cap to put some cream on the scratches.

.  .  .

I woke up the next morning without Finn next to me. I got out of bed and ran out of the room. Finn was on the balcony, smoking.

He looks sober.

I opened the door and he turned back to me. I came out and sat down with him. He was trembling as he held the cigarette back up to his lips.

"Finn..."

He sniffled and avoided eye contact. "Baby."

"Thank you... I'm sorry I got all fucked up. You must've been worried... But thank you."

I nodded and he looked back at the bandaids. "Thank you for this too..."

I grabbed his free hand and kissed his knuckles. "Finn... Talk to me."

He sighed and inhaled deeply.

"I- I- I don't know who- or why... Why... My coworkers are emailing me and- and why all over social media people are talking about it... And-"

A raindrop landed on my head and I looked up. Dark clouds loomed overhead so I got up and pulled Finn inside.

He put the cigarette out and shut the door, following me.

"I just... I can't show my face. I feel so weak and... And it's like she... It's so fucking stupid!" He hit the wall and I jumped, taking a small step back.

He continued ranting and walking around, pulling at his hand and hitting things.

"Now everyone knows how fucking weak I am! And- and it's going to happen again. I fucking know it will...
Y/n..."

"Yes?"

He looked up at me and I swallowed hard.

"Who did you tell?"