XVI

| Apocalypse / Cigarettes after Sex |

[ Finn ]

Y/n sat between my legs with her head on my chest. Nick hasn't texted back in forever. If he got a new number I'll kill him. He's making me worry.

I played with Y/n's hair and watched the tv show. She hummed and worked on some assignment for other classes.

"You're tense." She mumbled, looking back at me.

"I- I'm just worried. Nick isn't calling or texting and I just have a really bad feeling." I whispered.

"That's understandable. Do you want to call your mom and ask if he's ok?" She asked.

"No... I don't want her to worry too... Plus, it wouldn't be the first time he's changed his number on me. I think it'll be fine." I sighed.

Y/n nodded and went back to her drawing.

"If you say so."

. . .

I woke up and grabbed my phone from my bedside table.

Y/n stirred and I kissed her head.

"It's alright. Go back to sleep." I muttered. I answered my phone and put my glasses on, leaving the room.

"Hello?"

"Finn! Finn! Nick- Nick he-"

"Mom? What is it? What happened?! I can't understand you."

"He was in a car crash Finn! Nick- He's gone!"

I stared out at the city and dropped my phone. I immediately ran into the bathroom and started throwing up.

Gone? Gone?

What does that mean?

Gone could mean a lot of things.

Gone as in he's missing. Gone as in... As in he's not all there anymore. Gone as in anything else but... Gone.

"Finn..?"

I turned and Y/n looked at me tiredly.

"Finn what's wrong?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.

I stood up and slowly walked over to her. Y/n grabbed me and put a hand on my forehead. "Are you sick?"

"Nick's... He's... He's dead." I whispered, looking up at Y/n.

Her entire expression dropped and that was the last thing I saw before collapsing.

[ Y/n ]

I caught Finn and crouched down.

"Ok... Ok... Ok... What do I do? What do I do?" I looked around and tried to figure out what to do. I started by flushing the toilet.

Finn was too heavy for me to lift so I propped his head up with some towels.

I grabbed a hand towel and got it we with cold water. I squeezed it out and bent down, putting it on Finn's forehead.

He started to open his eyes and I stared at him.

"Finn? Please say something."

"What happened?" He whispered.

"You fainted." I replied.

Finn looked around and everything seemed to hit him at once again. "No... Wait... Nick. What happened to Nick?"

"I don't know you just told me he died." I whispered, putting a hand in his hair.

"No... No that wasn't real..." Finn whispered, tearing up.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, hugging him.

Finn hugged me back, sobbing into my shoulder. I could hear the pain in his cries. Disbelief and just the sheer sadness of the loss.

My heart broke little by little every minute I spent with him the rest of the night. Taking care of him and trying to figure out what to do.

What the fuck are we going to do?