Chapter 106: Buffalo Stance

Don't play a song yet😅

September 25th

It's my birthdayyyyyy 21! Wow, I can't believe I made it here. I'm so excited. I wish I could have gone home or have my family come down. But I had so much work I had to do. Tamara booked a photo shoot for me today all morning. She's still mad about the whole naked shoot thing. I had nothing to do with it. My hands are clean. But she wasn't having any of it. She even went as far as to book me in for shoots for the majority of October. And she also booked me in for all of fall fashion week. After that, I have filming for Boys N The Hood from November till December. She's not playing at all. And there's nothing I can do about it. You see, I just found out that Michael Jackson has a video coming out next year called Remember The Time. He asked if I could play the Egyptian Queen Nefertiti alongside Eddie Murphy as King Tut. So, I have to keep my mouth shut and do as she says or she can take it away. I love Michael. And I don't want to lose this opportunity to be in a video with him again. He could easily pass it on to some other model. Maybe the other Iman, who knows. He has more videos coming out using our models. Naomi Campbell is shooting a video with him called Keep It In The Closet. Also, Tyra Banks is going to be in his other new video called Black Or White.

Anyway, back to my birthday. Slash said he wanted to take me out for some fun tonight. I don't know what his definition of fun is. But if it has anything to do with drugs and dealers, I'll pass. I'm not up for watching him snort or inject heroin into his system and then pass out. He can do that on his own time for his birthday. This is mine... and I wanna have fun.

This is my last shoot for today. I woke up at 6 am this morning and I'm now just finishing up at 1 pm. I feel so exhausted and just wanna crash and sleep. But I keep myself awake to finish this shoot. Jade will be picking me up after this. She said we're going to go out for my birthday.

"And that's a wrap!" The director says. "Iman, you are gorgeous." He smiles.

"Thank you." I smile back.

"So, hear it's your birthday." He walks up to me. "You didn't want today off?"

"I did." I groan. "But Tamara said no I have to work."

"Bossy that one. She never used to be like."

"What was she like?" I ask with curiosity.

"She was something special. In fact, she was just like you. Very young, innocent, and full of dreams, and no drinking, no drugs, and no smoking when she started. She was also able to act. She had talent... that girl could make a guy drop on his knees." He chuckles. "She was funny very funny. She had this... light that burned bright in her. Everyone loved her."

"What happened to her?" I furrow my brows.

"Look, Iman... Tamara's-"

"Tamara's what?"