Chapter 31: The Morning After

this is going to be really short but idk cry me a river I'm becoming lazy

there's a rly old Damon quote in here be prepared ;)

Chapter 31: The Morning After

Song: Lay Me Down- Sam Smith

"It's who you miss at 2 in the afternoon when you're busy, not 2 in the morning when you're lonely."

- it took me a long time to realize this

+ + + + +

His face is smushed against my cheek. It's early in the morning. I can't help it, I crack up, shoving his body off of me. "What are you doing?!" I squeal. He grins and he's kissing me again, we're close. He's on top of me, and I feel so comfortable, like I've been doing this all my life.

His skin is so soft and his touch - addicting.

My hands brush across his shoulder blades, his back, his sides. 

Everywhere.

I touch him all over, and he is doing the same, and we're kissing and laughing and it's more amazing than you can believe. 

"I've never been this happy." I whisper in between kisses, his forehead is against my own. I'm not denying him anymore. I'm not shoving him away. He has me in his hands. I am his. I trust him. I trust him not to let me fall downward, screaming for him to catch me. I'm not worried. 

He's already saved me.

Over and over and over.

"I know." He whispers. Kol's smile is as bright as mine, his eyes are sparkling - his entire face is practically humming with life. I don't know how exactly, I mean he is... Dead, right? I don't know. I don't care. I'm not even thinking. I'm probably out of my mind for feeling the way I feel. Is this all going too quickly? Is it too fast? I don't care.

"I told you." He whispers, a smirk on his face. We're wrapped closely and comfortably in between the thin white sheets, entangled in each other.

I kiss his chest, his lips, his stomach, his neck. 

I taste him and savour him and I'm just so lost in taste and smell and touch. I beam at him, feeling like Yvaine from the movie Stardust, the star who glows when she kisses the boy Tristen. I'm glowing and shining and it's all just so hot and I'm alive with all these feeling surging inside me.

They're not pent up or hidden anymore.

I don't have to hide. Never again.

"What's that look?" Kol smirks, touching my lips with his finger. "What look?"

I smile again, just from the look on his face. "That look."

"I'm... Happy."

I couldn't explain it any other way.