Chapter 36: From Fighting to Following

"Every paper girl needs at least one string."

-John Green

+ + + + +

"I'm going on a walk!" I shout angrily from the top of the stairs. Kol and I are having another one of our little arguments, which have only increased in number the last few days. "Oh, no you aren't!" He yells back, trying to chase me down the stairs. With that damned speed of his, he's right behind me, and he grabs my arm.

"Let go!" I scream out, trying to pull it back. "No. Stay here and we can talk it out." Kol demands, but I don't want to talk anything out. When I'm upset, I want to be left alone, but he's relentless. "Stop! You're hurting me." I say firmly, trying to pry off his fingers.

When he finally lets go, it's evident that I have dark purple marks where he had laid his hands on me. It isn't his fault, really, he just didn't know his own strength. Funnily enough, it sounds like I'm describing Rubeus Hagrid rather than an immortal, stuck-up, stubborn, teenage vampire. Another perk to having immortality is his strength, I suppose, but it doesn't seem like a perk to me. Hot, angry tears prick my eyes. "Just let me go." I say coldly, and with that, I storm out the door. My words feel like they contain a double-meaning, though that wasn't exactly my intention. I see the hurt in his eyes as I leave, and a part of me is thinking "Good. Serves him right." The other part of me gets the sense of what a bad idea this may turn out to be.

I'm still running down the street, and thankfully this town is so small that traffic isn't really a problem. I start to slow my pace when my side stitch becomes nearly unbearable to deal with. I breathe heavily, leaning against a building for support. I close my eyes, anger still floods through me, clouding my judgement.

I just feel like running far away, I feel like throwing things and punching the wall. When I open my eyes again, I see a girl across the street from me.

She looks directly at me, her large brown eyes seem to bore into my skin. Her features are incredibly similar to mine, but she has a dark and cold persona about her. Her dark hair falls in curls, and her makeup is so heavy it's no wonder she looks like she could kill.

I blink, looking behind me to see if there's someone else there. But there's no one. She's staring right at me, almost through me. She turns around as if she was never there, but she keeps glancing over her shoulder at me - practically urging me to follow her.

This is crazy.

It's almost like some horror movie, and rather subconciously I find myself walking after her. She walks quickly, her black clothing acts as camoflougue in the dark, making it even harder to keep up.

I vaguely glance at the scenery as we pass it by, and slowly realize that after a lot of walking I really don't know where we are. I really hope I know what I'm doing, because I could get myself in a lot of trouble very soon.

At last she stops in what honestly looks like the complete middle of nowhere, and I begin to feel sick to my stomach like this whole thing was a very horrible idea.

She slowly turns around, and it's dark but I swear something seems a little off aout her. At last she speaks, quietly and slowly, but with the deep growl of a predator. "Are you the girl," She says. "They call Lacey Marie?"

She's circling me, and I nearly lose all train of thought. I barely manage a simple "Yes." and my heart beats so wildly in my chest that I wouldn't be surprised if she heard it as it pounds through me. I could feel it and hear it, every beat is a fast gong.

"Then tell me, girl. Is it you who dangles off of the vampire boy like a child that clings to her doll?" The girl asks, in a snarky tone that turns my blood cold. How could she even know my name in a town I've never been out in? And how in the world could she know anything about vampires? Let alone Kol?

"I don't know what you mean." I mumble. "The closest I've gotten to anything of the sort is buying a 'team Edward' hoodie. Now, if you'll excuse me - "

"I would not walk away from me if I were you." She says, her tongue quick and her eyes scan my body like a consulting detective. I decide it's best not to run away for now, and I stay still where I stand. "There's no use in lying to me either, you can't run, no one will be able to hear you."

I sigh. I guess I'll have to get out of this one on my own. I begin to glance over for any sign of a quick exit, but I keep coming up short. "I'm sorry. I really think you have the wrong person." I say calmly. The girl only glares at me. "I know exactly who you are, and I can assure you that I don't have anything wrong." She starts to mumble something foreign that I don't understand, but I can tell by her tone that it isn't very nice.

Before I know what's happening, she's right in front of my face at the speed of light, and she firmly grabs my shoulders. My eyes widen. "Excuse me, lady, but I really don't appreciate - "

Before I can get out another word, I just blank out like I completely forgot what I was going to say. All I see is the girl's deep, dark brown eyes and her enlarging pupils.

"Your name is Lacey Marie." She says. "You hate Kol Mikaelson to the point that you cannot stand to be alone with him. You are going to go back to the Mikaelson house, and you are going to pack your things away and leave. You do not love him, you never loved him. You hate him. You will leave and never come back. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I say, the voice is unnatural, monotone and not my own. But I believe what she says without question. "I understand."

This is the beginning to the end of my life.

I'm incredibly stressed and I'm trying not to cry I just don't understand why bad things always happen to good people... I don't understand why good people do bad things. I don't understand why I always get so attatched to the wrong people.

I don't want to talk but I'm just incredibly stressed so

I'm extremely behind on all tv shows that aren't spn, Jane the Virgin, Scream, or the bachelorette so no spoilers of any kind k

pic of the girl (It's Genevieve from the last chapter if you hadn't picked up on that) on the side played by Shraddha Kapoor

Loves,

Mollie x