Chapter 23: Damaged

Just a warning this chapter is a lot worse then the last one. But it's also a lot longer than usual so I hope you like it at least a little x

Chapter 23: Damaged

Song: Breathe Me- Sia

You cannot tell sad girls that they are pretty unless you are prepared to hold them as they sob hysterically at 3 am.

You are not allowed to tell sad girls they are perfect if you have never seen the wounds that litter their bodies and represent each battle lost in a war with themselves

And I am begging you please do not tell sad girls that you are in love with them unless you truly and entirely are

-e.n.

+ + + + +

3rd Person POV

Normally Lacey would've stopped many minutes ago. In fear of killing herself. Which she doesn't want. She likes the edge, but she's always careful not to fall off of it.

Butthis time, its different. Things have just become too much. Everything is weighing on her, and as those thoughts run through her mind, she can't help but tear into her skin repeatedly. It's not her fault, really. It's a problem, an addiction. One that she thought she was in the process of fixing.

She thought she was getting better, and she isn't. That weighs on her too.

Lacey didn't mean to do this much damage, really.

But when one turns into twenty, it only escalates from there. And now she's lying on her bedroom floor, and her thigh is covered in cuts. Blood is everywhere - her leg, the floor. It's just so hard to stop.

And she doesn't stop.

Every little place of empty skin.

Because she's tired of it all. Tired of waking up, tired of moving, tired of 'being strong.'

She's not trying to kill herself, no.

But the blood is on the floor now, it's seeping from her leg. And if she doesn't stop soon, the blood-loss is going to stop her.

+ + + + +

Kol is downstairs when he smells it.

Like a garden of roses, jasmine and honey. It's intoxicating. The very thing he craves the most. This scent is sweeter to him than he's used to. It's better.

He knows what it is. Blood. Fresh blood. Straight from the vein. But control is easy now, considering his age. Even so, it still excites him.

And it's coming from upstairs - Lacey's room.

That worries him a little, but for all he knows she could've gotten something as simple as a paper cut, or tripped and scraped up her knee. Regardless, he starts to walk upstairs, just in case.

"Sweetheart, are you alright, I thought I -? "

He stops in his tracks. He uses his speed to run to her, and she doesn't even see him at first, which makes it even worse. She is so lost in hating herself, she's blind to the world. Her thighs are already completely covered in multiple bleeding cuts. They're all over, and so is the blood. She's practically bleeding out, right in front of him.

Kol grabs her hand, taking the razor away from her.She subconciously tries to grab it back, but he keeps it away. She's childlike, childlike and broken. Lacey hadn't shed a single tear. Not yet. Not until she looks up, really looks. Not until she sees him, until she sees his eyes. That look on his face. And he drops the blade, it falls to the floor.