Chapter 11: Everything But Kit Walker

Song: Warrior - Beth Crowley

"Not all prisons have bars."

-Loki

+ + + + +

I'm sitting in the office of the sheriff, who actually seems like a legitimately nice person, not fake or annoying, but actually nice.

The Lawsons apparently alerted the whole bloody state, so I guess it was only a matter of time before I was found, really. And it wasn't like I could've stayed with Kol or anything, and if he hadn't found me, what would I have done anyway? Slept in the woods drinking creek water and eating trees like some animal?

So, no, I'm not very happy to be here. But I was dumb to think impulse was a good thing to act on in the first place.

The sheriff returns from her phone call, smiling when she sees me. She has short blonde hair, and her last name is Forbes according to the plate on her desk.

"I got in touch with your social worker, and he said you mentioned that you didn't want to be placed in your hometown, so I don't know why they put you there in the first place to be honest. It's almost like they set you up, I mean your therapist said you showed multiple signs of psychotic behavior?"

"What?! He told me I seemed great!" My head is spinning. Does that mean he saw right through me? And if that's so for a therapist when I was actually trying to conceal myself, what does that mean for everyone else?

"Well, you do. I'm not a doctor, but you seem perfectly sane. But, it says that if that home didn't work out you are supposed to be sent to a treatment center immediately after."

"A treatment center?! Like an insane asylum?!"

"Not exactly. But something like that, I think. There's one in Mystic, part of the hospital. If you go willingly, they assured me you could be out in a few months, possibly even weeks."

"Months?!"

This isn't happening.

It can't be.

This isn't american horror story, this isn't a movie. This is my life. I'm not crazy! I mean, I know that's what everyone says, but I'm not!

Right?

They set me up, knowing I wouldn't last a second with that stupid family. Knowing, I'd be carted off. Knowing I'd be labeled as insane.

+ + + + +

I'm not actually in a straight jacket or padded cell, but I'm given a room with a bed. Only a bed.

I've been shown around by a nurse, who definitely kept her distance from me. I'm really not crazy.

But in a place like this, by the time I get out I might actually be.

How did things get this bad? How did I let this happen to me?

It's not supposed to be this way.

At seventeen, I'm supposed to be in my senior year of high school, or collage. I'm supposed to be driving, and going to parties. I'm supposed to get super drunk and then be forced to crash at my best friend's house so my parents don't find out.

I'm supposed to be happy.

At seventeen. I'm supposed to be meeting boys and going on dates. I'm supposed to be opening the sun roof of the car and letting my hair fly as the car does.

I'm supposed to be kicking ass like they do in movies. Like they do in Teen Fiction, not horror.

I'm not supposed to be in a white room with a bed.

I'm not supposed to feel like crap everyday of my life.

I'm not supposed to wake up and be given pills and sit in a room full of nutjobs playing chess. I'm not supposed to feel like I'm becoming a psychopath.

I'm not supposed to feel so alone.

I run my hands through my hair, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. If I'm not calm I won't get through this.

It's strange how that's always my goal. Getting out of my house, getting out I'm I'm not calm, I won't get out of here.of school, getting out of fostercare.

I'm always running from something.

I'm always hiding.

It's all I know how to do.

So is the whole asylum thing weird? Do you like it? I mean yeah Evan Peters isn't actually there, which is always sad but yanno. Speaking of which, it was his birthday yesterday.

School is super crazy lately, I almost never have time to update, which scares me a little because I really want to, I do. It's just getting more difficult now so I'm just going to apologize in advance if anything happens XD

The feedback and and comments on this and my other stuff is AMAZING. Comments are my favourite thing they make me extremely happy so keep that up I love it :) Have a great day, guys!!

Loves,
Mollie x