Chapter 1: Concrete Floors

Chapter 1: Cocrete Floors

Song: Try- Colbie Caillat

I've been through hell and back twice.

I've seen all the horrors, the gore and the torture and the pain.

Yes, I've lived it.  

And so far, the only one who knows...Is me.

I'd planned to keep it that way.

+ + + + +

"I don't know." I mumble sheepishly, crossing my fingers she'll just move on. I don't look at her, but I can tell she's disappointed. But I don't like pressure. I don't like anything.

"Does anyone else know?" Ms. Hanson asks the class. A few raise their hands, but I've already shut them out. I lose myself in my thoughts and daydreams. I just want out.

I want out of the gray floors and the depressing choice of paint and the metal lockers and the screeching bells. I want out completely. But I'm lost as to where I would go.

When the bell does ring, I'm met by Rachel, who crashes into me, her books go flying. I smile. "Watch it, loser."

She laughs. "Hi to you too, Lace." And then we go to lunch.

That's how it's always been. A few jokes, some laughter. Pig slop labeled as food and I can pretend, even for just a period. I can just pretend.

I"m not like other girls. Even Rachael, to who I tell everything to and nothing. I tell my best friend everything I can bare. I keep the things that would ruin her perfect ideal of me to myself . I don't want to taint her thoughts just because mine are poison.

I'm not like her, or anyone. I'm alone.

And soon the minutes turn into hours, and the day is over. It's Friday. Every other girl would be happy. Everyone loves Fridays, the weekend, the laziness of it all. I don't get that. I don't feel that.

I almost go to the other side of the school. I almost go to get Skylar, my sweet little brother. But he isn't there. He isn't there because he ran away, doing what I am too afraid to even dream of attempting. I'm glad for him. He might be happy. I can only hope he's happy.

I can only hope that someday I'll have happiness too. But I know that's simply not possible. I'll never achieve happiness.

I'll sooner be dead.

+ + + + +

I always feel as if I'm running. I feel as if I'm drowning or falling through an endless abyss. I'm always scared. I say I'll never be happy, and they say "Oh, no. Sure you will."

Lies.

They're all lies. And when they're living alone with a kid because they were too silly to see that, I'll have myself, I'll have no one to hurt me.

And it's not that I'm scared of love, no. It may be a fairytale or it could be a reality but I wouldn't know. I don't want to. So when they ask me why I never 'try' to be happy, I just sit there. I know the truth. The truth is darker than any of you can dream.

I know one day you will all question everything you've ever done, and I will have only myself. That's all I ever need. So as I walk down the steet I hold my arms around me a little tighter. I walk a little faster. I breathe a little quicker. I walk home. 

I walk to hell.

So when they ask: "Why don't you just stop moping around and be happy?"

All I can do is think to myself: "Live a day in my life, and you'll know."

):)

So yes, it starts off depressing, okay? It's going to get worse before it gets better. I've intoduced Rachel, who's on the side there>>

She's new. 

This Lacey is obviously going to be different. Just give this a chance though. I know it's pretty short, but they're not all going to be like that I promise. I hope you liked it ;)

Mollie x