Chapter 32: Bare Breakfasts

Song: With Love- Christina Grimmie

"I know how you look into a mirror, and hate what you see."

-Dean Winchester

+ + + + +

You wouldn't believe how much asking and almost-begging it takes to get Kol Mikaelson to let me go make breakfast. A lot more than you'd think. For some reason he's got it in his head that his family is out to kill me? 

Crazy, right?!

Well, I mean, Elijah didn't seem so bad at least. Okay, I take that back. Kol's probably right about the whole killing thing. And I'll admit I think half the reason he didn't want me to go anywhere was because he just didn't want me to leave. Which I can understand. 

I'd much rather be in the warm bed with him than standing on the cold kitchen floor. But I'm also starving.

I'm crossing my fingers I don't see any other Mikaelsons just as much as he is. I mean, I'm not really wearing any pants. I hurry to the kitchen, opening the fridge to grab the orange juice.

Just my luck though, when I close the refrigerator door Elijah is standing right in front of me, nearly giving me a heart attack, and I drop the carton on the floor. A few words I won't repeat fly out of my mouth, and he reaches down to pick up the juice for me - extremely politely I might add, Kol really is overreacting about his family, and I could've sworn I saw the ends of Elijah's lips curl just a little.

"I believe you dropped something." He says, holding it out.

"Yeah, yeah I did. I am so so sorry, it's just that I just woke up for the most part and you... Um... Well, you startled me a little." I'm flustered, my cheeks redden as I realize how much I'd been rambling. I take the orange juice carton from him, using my other hand to keep my shirt pulled down the best I can to cover myself. I really don't need these kinds of impressions if I'm going to try to keep from being killed by these people. Now is the absolute worst time to be without proper clothing. Have I mentioned I only hove a shirt on? Awkward. 

"You know what? Forget the juice." I say, putting it back. "I'm actually not hungry so I think I'm just gonna go..." I stay facing him while I slowly back away. I really don't want Kol's brother seeing my entire ass.  When I think I'm far enough, I turn around and sprint all the way back to Kol's room. But not after covering my face with my hands and loudly whispering: "Oh my god."

I must be imagining things, but I could've sworn I heard Elijah actually chuckle, yes, chuckle, from some distance back.

Bloody vampires and their bloody extensive hearing.

Summary of my emotions: I'm mortified beyond repair.

+ + + + +

"Where's the food?" Kol asks, raising an eyebrow when I close the door and lean against it, sighing in relief. I put a hand on my chest in an attempt to catch my breath. 

"I was going to get it but," I take in a few more breaths. "I ran into your brother." 

Kol's eyes seem to go dark. "What?" He growls. "What did he say to you? Tell me exactly what he said."

I shake my head, brushing him off. "No, no, nothing like that. It was Elijah, he was super nice and polite, but I don't know if you've noticed, I'm not wearing any pants."

Kol grins. "Oh, I noticed."

I roll my eyes, laughing a little, and hopping back in bed next to him. "Well, I'm not very fond of the idea of your older brother seeing my bare butt the second time I'm face-to-face with him." Kol laughs, his face completely alive, and he kisses me. Just once. But it's enough. 

"Last night was - " 

I interrupt him in a kiss and a whisper of: "I know."

I giggle when he runs his hands underneath my shirt along my curves. We're like a movie couple, that laughs as they toss and turn together in the sheets.

"How about we shower and get dressed and then we can go down and get breakfast together?" Kol suggests. I nod, agreeing with him, but then my eyebrows furrow, thinking about the one flaw in his plan. "But Kol, there's only one shower."

"Exactly."

+ + + + +

 After a chaotic morning and a breakfast of fruit and chatter it feels pretty nice to just sit around in the kitchen talking to Kol, a hot mug of coffee in my hands.

I'm proud to say that I now have clothing covering all the embarrassing parts of my body.

I find myself tugging at the extremely oversized sweatpants I'm wearing. Kol is much taller than I am, and his clothes don't fit very well. "I really need some clothes. I don't think I can stand to wear yours forever." I say to him.

He chuckles. "Well..."

I glare at him, and he puts his hands up in surrender, causing a tiny smile to appear on my lips. "Fine, then. We can go shopping for clothes after you finish your coffee."

I make a face, crinkling my nose. "Clothes shopping? That's not really my area." I say in distaste. He laughs. "What? And you think it's mine?"

I shrug. He sighs. "Well you can't expect me to go to buy you lacy underwear without getting a few dirty looks." 

I roll my eyes. "I don't expect you to. Just go somewhere cute and get me a few pairs of pants and a couple t-shirts."

He crosses his arms. He's as stubborn as I am. I raise an eyebrow, a taunting smirk on my lips. It's almost like a staring contest. 

Finally, he gives in. "Alright, alright. I'll go."

I grin in victory. "Awesome!" 

"But are you sure you don't need me here?" He asks. I brush him off. "I'll be fine."

Now it's his turn to raise an eyebrow. "Really. I will. Maybe I'll try to draw or something..."

yay summer !! how are you guys? one of two things will probably happen over break:

One: I'll have lots of time to write, meaning loads of updates!

Two: I end up hanging at my best friend's all the time and continuously

forget about any and all priorities

Let's just hope it's the former...

Loves,

Mollie x