Fifty: Professor Aleksander Morozova

Fifty:

Professor Aleksander Morozova 

He had had to excuse himself. Nikolai knew, and he'd run to the Queen. Now his father knew. They had found a way to take away everything he had. Alina, the baby, and any power he had over her. The baby was going to be declared Nikolai and Alina's. They'd be married. His one consolation was that they had agreed to honor The Pomegranate Society's contract in terms of Alina and him.

She would still get to be with him. But no one would know that Alina was his. That the baby was his. That he was the one who loved her first. The whole world would think that she was Nikolai's Princess, and then Queen. He hated it.

He took a sip of the kvas he had brought with him. He'd spent most of his life alone, on the outside. He hadn't thought that he would ever get close to being King. It had been within reach. Now he had nothing. There was a hand on his shoulder then.

"Are you alright?" Nikolai asked.

He scowled. "What the fuck do you care, brother?" he demanded.

Nikolai shrugged. "I'm a sentimentalist, sue me. I also have a burning need to have everyone like me. Including you."

"You really knew about The Pomegranate Society and you didn't say anything?" Aleksander said.

He nodded. "Well, at that point I wasn't even sure Alina liked me. I thought I could use it to manipulate her into marrying me. Zoya sure as hell won't, and I wasn't about to lose the most promising option I'd had in a long time. It seems we are going to be sharing the dear girl."

"So it seems," said Aleksander, taking another drink, "are you alright with that?"

"Well, I would prefer that the woman I'm marrying love me, and not me and my brother," he said, "but there are worse situations than ours. At least I know the man my wife is going to be fucking. You know.... we could work this to our advantage, really. It's Alina that doesn't have any power in the situation."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"What if we were to.... share her? Together?" he said.

He laughed. "Brother, I'm not fucking you. No matter what you command."

Nikolai laughed. "No. We wouldn't fuck each other. We would fuck her. At the same time. Alina is ours, to do with as we please. Don't you want to make the mother of your child feel...desired? Loved? To let her know that we feel no ill will between us? That we will be taking care of her? We could have the dream. A girl we both want who wants us. I don't like the idea of being the man that waits for her while she's with another man. This way, we both win."

Aleksander raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" he said. "I always thought you were..."

"What? If you say virgin, I'll toss you off the balcony and no one will say a damn word," said Nikolai.

Aleksander laughed. "No. Saints forbid! Prudish, is what I was going to say."

He laughed. "You really didn't know me at all did you?"

Aleksander shrugged. "You were a sniveling little whelp. I have no patience for whelps. What was I supposed to do? Be your friend? Get you a puppy?"

Nikolai shrugged. "A puppy would have been nice. Would have liked being your brother better."

He smirked. "Alright. I suppose it would make things easier. Of course, it's up to Alina, and I don't know that she feels much like touching either of us right now. Especially with the morning sickness she's been having."

"She is not thrilled with that," said Nikolai, "in the slightest. But we could lessen some of her pain. Make her feel comfortable. Give her a Solstice gift, as it were."

He laughed. "Didn't you say you wanted to unwrap her the first time you met?"

Nikolai smirked. "I did. She punched me promptly after. Does she slap you? I'd be interested to see that. Or spanking."

Aleksander chuckled. "She's a timid little thing. But I think we could provoke her enough if we wanted. I spanked her once, and she did slap me although----it wasn't for sexy reasons. But I bet we could get her to do it again. I'm certain there's something that we could get her angry enough at. Shall we try?"

"I do rather like the sound of that, brother."

"As do I," he said, "shall we go find her? I believe she's in her bedroom right now."

"Then we've an arrangement," said Nikolai.

He smirked. "I believe we do." He took out his camera from his pocket then. "We can even take pictures. You know, precious, family memories must be captured."

Nikolai laughed. "An excellent addition to the scrap book. Engaged couples first threesome."

"Well, it is Alina's first Solstice," said Aleksander, "we've got to make sure that she remembers every detail, doesn't she? It's a big, historical moment, you know."

"Indeed, my dear brother. Let's go check on our girl."

The two of them left the balcony and made their way up the stairs to Alina's room. It was Aleksander who knocked on the door and pushed it open. Alina was on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, looking as if she expected the sky to start falling in on her at any moment.

"Aleks," she said, jumping up in her bed, "what are you---"

"Hello, Alina," said Nikolai, stepping in with him.

"I don't understand----" she said.

He smirked. "We've got a Solstice present for you, Zolotse. Time for you to unwrap it."