~CHAPTER 23~

~EMILY'S POV~

"Harry.. Babe.. If your tired just sleep on my shoulders. We still have a few hours to go. You haven't slept for days! Your gonna like faint soon!"

"I'm.. *YAWN* fine.."

"Harry. I'm just telling you. Your very tired right now and it only makes sense to me right now that you obviously need sleep and I'm rig-"

I started blabbering on and on about how he needed to rest these days. Harry was so busy with football stuff and he always sat by my bed and watched me slept- without even sleeping a wink. I think he only slept a few hours a day. He had been yawning the whole time and I could tell he needed some serious rest. I didn't know why he refused to just take a little nap and I started telling him how sleep was important- until I felt a gentle thud on my shoulder. I was looking out on the window at the passing cars when something fell on my shoulders. As I slowly turned my head, I saw Harry's head perched with his eyes closed. Finally he's asleep.His curls tickled the side of my cheeks a bit. I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness but smiled at the same time how he was still able to stay so attractive- even when he was asleep.

"Psh.. Told you needed some sleep.. So stubborn Harry Styles."

I closely studied the features of his face. He had very long eyelashes and his cheekbones were sort of high. He was beautiful. I pulled off his beanie from his head in case he got hot. I smiled every time I looked over my shoulder to find him sleeping like a little angel. Harry didn't move around very much. My neck started getting really stiff but I didn't care. He slept so soundly and I could feel his soft breathing. I started getting a bit bored about 30 minutes or so later. I didn't want to wake Harry up or bother Liam from driving. Dani had also fallen asleep and Niall and Zayn were already in dreamland. They were snoring their butts off which caused me to smirk a bit. I thought of maybe recording it but quickly abandoned the idea. I started looking around the car in case there was things to do and I found a marker on the floor. I bent down to pick it up- being careful to not wake Harry up. I played it around my fingers for a while. Drumming it on the windowsill, opening and closing the cap several times when suddenly an idea popped into my head. I was staring at Harry's hand which was entwined with mine. I slowly lifted it up and uncapped the marker. I started to gently write on the backside of his hand.

"Your mine <3"

I knew it was a bit cheesy but I was bored. There wasn't anything else to do. Also, it was a bit cute. I colored in the heart and admired it from a distance. I didn't know what Harry would think of it but oh well. I brushed his curls and swept it to the side which was covering his eye. He seemed to flinch just a bit and hug me tighter. A few hours later, I started getting sleepier and sleepier too. My eyelids felt heavy and I drifted in and out of sleep a couple times. Then, I felt my eyelids slowly droop over me and I decided to just take a power nap for a bit. Then, I rested my head on too of Harry's and drifted off to sleep.

~HARRY'S POV~

"Harry.. Wake up.."

"Huh?"

"Shhh.. You'll wake Em up."

"What? Em? Wh- Oh."

"Me and Dani are gonna stop by the bathroom and grab some food so just stay put. Emily looks pretty tired."

"Okay. I'll stay in the car with her. See you in a bit."

Liam gave me a quick heads up before throwing the car keys to me. He and Dani stepped out of the car to freshen up a bit when I noticed Emily had fallen asleep on my shoulders too. No wonder she was so quiet. Her head gently perched on top and slept soundly. Truth was, I didn't really drift off to sleep on her shoulders. I just wanted to rest my head on her and close my eyes while holding her closely to me. I wanted to know that she was here with me and that she wouldn't leave me. But I guess somehow I must've slept for reals and Emily probably was bored. I tucked a lock of her hair that was in front of her face behind her ears. I found a blanket lying around the car so I laid it down on her lap. Then, I saw a marker that Emily was clutching onto. It was a black Sharpie. My eyes trailed down where our hands rested- fingers locked. I squeezed her hand tightly and noticed a tiny writing on my hands.