~CHAPTER 42~

~EMILY'S POV~

"I think this is too revealing. It literally shows my whole back. I look weird in it El."

"That's what you said about the last 10 dresses. You look amazing in this one."

"It's too revealing?"

I wiggled the pastel, pink with sequins attached into my small, petite little body. It had a bit of a pouf at the bottom and had a small ribbon at the back. There was a dip in the back which revealed my entire back and it was uncomfortable. This had been about the 10th dress that I had tried on but none of them satisfied me. Either they were too revealing, or too girly. I groaned as I walked over to Eleanor and plopped right down onto the couch. I sighed out loud and turned to Eleanor. She was on her phone- tweeting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweet from: @EleanorJCalder

Dress shopping for Prom! :)

@emilyatkins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who knew dress shopping could be this hard?"

"Correction. Who knew dress shopping could be this hard with you?"

"Can't I just go in some fancy jeans? I'm sure Harry wouldn't mind."

"Nonsense. Not happening on my watch. We are going to find you a dress today and that is final! Now get up! There's still a few more dresses left."

"More? You're killin' me here!"

"Yes more! Now stop complaint and start changing."

Eleanor pushed me into the changing stalls and handed me a few more dresses. I rolled my eyes as she swiped over the curtains. There was a pile of rejected dresses that laid crumpled. In my hands, there were two dresses. One was an aqua-blue long dress that accented the sides. The other one was a short, white dress with a pouf- along with pearls and black ribbons tied across it. I immediately tossed the aqua-blue one to the side since my sides were too revealing. My sides wee going to be bear and I thought to myself.

"What is this a stripper show?"

I stripped off the pastel pink dress and shivered as a cold breeze grazed over my naked body. I felt vulnerable- and uneasy since I didn't have much confidence in my body. Feeling insecure, I quickly slipped on the white and black ribbon dress and stood in front of the mirror. My hair fell to the side as I looked down at myself. I actually looked decent. I cocked my head sideways and smiled a bit. Maybe this was the dress. I gently swiped the curtain open and stood in front of Eleanor.

"This okay?"

"I think that dress is perfect.. I think that's the one Emily.."

"Great.. I'll take this one please."

I went back inside to change back into my normal clothes. I had a cropped, white blazer on with black skinny jeans. Grabbing my handbag, I yanked the curtain back. It didn't take me long to change back and I handed the dress to the store clerk. She led us to the cashier section and Eleanor was squealing off to the side. I gave her a funny look as I handed over the cash to the store clerk. Eleanor had already prepared her dress in weeks advance and she practically dragged me out of the house and into the store. I smiled back at the cashier as she handed me the bag- when she shyly asked me.

"Can.. Can I please have an autograph? I'm a really big fan."

"Sure!"

I chirped. She handed me a piece of paper and a pen and I quickly signed my name. Eleanor had also signed it as I waved goodbye as I slipped on my sunglasses. From outside, I could hear fans screaming and banging on the windows. They had posters with t-shirts and were chanting our names. Eleanor gave me a smug smile as Big Joe stepped in front of us before opening the exit door. Instantly, we were met with a huge roar from the crowd and several flash photography. I waved to the fans and Eleanor started greeting them by taking a few pictures and signing papers. I smiled at them as I stepped down the stairs- signing a few pieces of papers here and there.