~CHAPTER 23~

~JOSH'S POV~

At least Emily was smiling. It was heartbreaking to just watch her from a distance- when I could reach out and touch her. Seeing her next to Harry was like pure torture. I always thought, why couldn't that be me? I could love her as much as Harry did- possibly much more. But Emily was happy, and that was all I wanted. Like people said "If you love something, you have to let it go."

~EMILY'S POV~

"Emily! Where were you! We were waiting and started to get worried!"

"Right here Louis! We were just in the car for a bit."

"Oh god. Holy crap."

"What?"

"Please don't tell me that you guys had sex in the car. No car sex."

"Lou- Louis. Me and Harry did not have car sex."

"Phew! Thank god."

"You are so weird Louis."

I had my arms locked with Harry when we came to the ski rental place. Eleanor and Dani came running over to me to give me a hug and Perrie gave me a kiss on my cheeks. I swore Louis could be a little odd at times- but in a good way. Car sex? It made me laugh at just the thought of that. I smacked Louis on his arm after he said it and Harry put him in a headlock. I could tell Harry was looking a little bit flushed and were having some sort of a friendly-fight with Louis off in the corner. Perrie came and put her hands on my shoulders while rolling her eyes and said.

"Boys will be boys. Let's get our ski stuff. El? Dani? Em? C'mon."

"I agree Perrie. Just leave them. Let's go guys."

We left the boys outside of the rental cabin and decided to get our equipment. The boys didn't even seem to notice as went on with their wrestling-each-other-to-the-ground. Dani held the door for us to enter and we were greeted by a breeze of warm air. It warmed me up from the cold air outside. I slowly took my earmuffs out and walked up to the register area.

"Hello there. Are you looking for a skiing or a snowboarding rental?"

"Uhh.. I think I'll stick with skiing for now thanks."

"Sounds great. What size?"

"A size 5."

**

"Here you go, a size 5. Enjoy your stay here!"

"Thanks!"

The nice man handed over my pole and my ski and waved goodbye. I walked away from the front counter to go join the rest of the girls. They were waiting for me by the door to put their equipment on outside. Perrie and Dani were trying out snowboarding and me and Eleanor decided to just stick with skiing for now. Right as we were walking out, the boys were walking inside.

"You already got your things?! Wait for us!"

"Sorry Niall! You guys were taking too long! We'll be outside putting these on."

Harry planted a quick kiss on my cheeks as I passed by him and I held up my ski for him to see. Louis gave El a quick kiss on the lips and I pulled them apart from each other. Perrie held the door open for us this time and as soon as we went outside, it was cold again. I instantly pulled out my earmuffs from my pockets and put them on. It was a bit hard to hear stuff around me but I would rather not freeze to death. Dani found a bench for us to sit on while we put on our things. I started to struggle with the ski equipment since this was my first time skiing. I knew for a fact that it was supposed to clutch into your shoes or something but the lock thing refused to open. I started getting pissed off and resorted to banging on it with a piece of rock I found on the ground.