~CHAPTER 52~

~HARRY'S POV~

Josh and Emily were now together. They were a couple. Josh, the person I trusted the most like a brother, just betrayed me. Stabbed me in the back. The feeling was just indescribable. I felt like I was struck by lightening when I learned that the girl that I once used to love- still love, was with my one of my best friends. Unbelievable. Speechless. Heartbroken. Those 3 words perfectly described my emotions when Emily and Josh left the room.

~EMILY'S POV~

"Do you like the food?"

"..."

"Em? Are you liking the food? EM!"

"Wh- Huh? Sorry.. I wasn't listening. What'd you say again?"

"I ordered your favorite.. Is the food bad?"

"Oh.. No.. Why- Why do you think that?"

"Well you've been picking at your food the whole evening."

I didn't believe him until I looked down to find myself picking at the half-eaten steak. It was untouched like Josh said. I finally sighed and wiped my mouth with the napkin. I put the fork down on the plate which clattered off to the side and placed my hands on my knees.

"Sorry.. I'm.. I'm just distracted.."

"It's about Harry isn't it?"

"No.. I- No."

Honestly, it was everything about Harry. The look on his face when he found out that I was now with Josh kept on replaying in my mind. The way when he froze still when he learned the truth. His saddened look in his eyes worried me. Harry was on my mind the whole evening. I knew that I shouldn't be feeling this way- but images of Harry remained inside my mind. My head felt cluttered and I had a headache.

"Em.. I've known you for over 8 years."

"I know.. Harry.. We're just gonna be working Josh you don't ne-"

"I know. You don't need to explain."

**next day**

"Okay guys.. Have you thoughts about what you wanted?"

"Pokemon."

"Ohh-kay. I'm sure I can incorporate that somehow someway Louis."

"I'm hungry."

"Not now Niall- what ideas do you have?"

"I'm hungry."

"Ah- I.. Fine. Go get some food downstairs or something and we'll do this a bit later."

"OH YEAH BABY! I CALL THE CHICKEN!"

Niall rushed out of his seat and outside the door. Seriously, I was pretty sure that he had breakfast about an hour ago and this kid was already hungry. Louis ran after him telling him that the chicken thighs were his and how he called dibs on it. 6 years later, and these boys were still immature as ever. I sighed while throwing my pen onto the desk where it rolled off onto the floor. I clutched my forehead and rubbed the temples of my cheeks.

"Oh god.."

My head was starting to hurt a little bit and I decided to rest my head down on the table a bit. The table was cool against my skin and it felt refreshing. I groaned as my head felt like it was throbbing. I was all out of painkillers or Advil. I sighed out loud when I suddenly heard a loud creak. I thought I was alone inside the meeting room when I heard a few footsteps coming toward me.

"No Louis I'm not gonna do Pokem-"

"Pokemon?"

I nearly jumped up in my seat from being startled to hear Harry's voice instead of Louis's. I immediately looked up to find Harry leaning in towards me. Our faces were literally inches apart and I almost fell backwards along with my chair until Harry caught it. He caught it in the nick of time with one of his hands and and propped me upwards again. Harry then took the empty seat besides me and stretch out his arms. I gave him a weird look and bit the bottom of my lip. Clearing my throat, I straightened out my hair and my clothing.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm just here to discuss some things with my designer and have some lunch."

"Look Harry, you could just discuss whatever it is you want to discuss here."

"Emily. We could still be friends.. You don't need to push me away any further.."

"No matter how much you try, things won't go back to the way it used to be."

"I can try."

"Harry- god dammit. I'm with Josh now. Don't make this harder then it needs to be."

"Right.. Josh.. But we can still be friends. If that's okay with you."

"I hones-"

*BEEP BEEP*

My phone suddenly vibrated inside my pocket. Harry was leaning against the table when I stopped in the middle of my sentence. His curly hair was bobbing up and down as he signaled me to check my phone. While sighing, I took out my white iPhone from my front pocket to see an incoming call from Josh. I hesitated to pick up for a second when I stared up at Harry for a moment. The phone kept on ringing and Harry was just waiting for me to answer the call. After hesitating for about a minute, I finally pressed the "answer" button.

"Hey Josh.."

"Hey babe. I was wondering if you had lunch yet? I could to-go some food and head on over if you want?"

"I actu-"

Right as I was about to finish my sentence, Harry, who had been studying me carefully, yanked the phone from my hands and held it to his ear. I immediately stood up from the chair- banging my knees on the table and demanded him to give me my phone back.

"Hey! Give it back!

Harry spoke loud and clear into the phone. I tried to snatch the phone from his grasp but he was too tall.

"Hey Josh! It's Harry. Emily today will actually be having lunch with me. You know, designer to customer stuff. Maybe next time. Ehh lad? Goodbye."

And Harry hung up.

"What the hell Harry?!"

"Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Now can we go eat? I'll buy."

"No way in hell am I ever going to eat with you."

"Suit yourself."

As I turned around to dial Josh back, Harry suddenly scooped me into his arms bridal style. I was so startled that I dropped my phone on the ground. I threw my arms and legs around trying to get down but he had a firm grip on my waist. Harry thrusted me onto his shoulder and closed the conference door behind him.

"LET.ME.GO!"

As I squirmed and screamed at him to put me down, people watched as Harry started walking down the hallway. They pointed and stared and I even tried punching Harry on his back but it was useless. After a few minutes of resisting, I was exhausted from all the thrashing around. My arms and legs were tired and I just stayed still. It was all useless anyways and Harry was just too strong for me anyways. I stayed still as he carried me on the top of his shoulder and into the elevator.

I was so going to kill Harry for this.