~CHAPTER 44~

~EMILY'S POV~

I drank my warm tea from the little couch that was off to the side. I blew on the hot steam as it burned the roof of my tongue. Harry was asleep for a couple of hours now- shuffling around the bed a couple of times. I watched him intently while he occasionally frowned and whined in his sleep. His laptop was still opened in front of me as I scrolled down the web. I frowned while looking at some particular articles that Harry was looking through. No wonder he was so upset.

"Harry Styles- A womanizer? Harry Styles and his unflattering beau. One Direction member, Harry Styles, is known as the ladies man."

These were some of the articles written about him. On his twitter, he was scrolling down on some of the hateful comments along with Instagram. They were vicious and everyone was hating on him. People left mean comments and gave him death threats. Of course, I was included in it also. There were so many hate towards everything Harry did. Criticizing for his clothing, singing ability, girlfriend, you name it.

"You don't belong in One Direction. You're so ugly and I hate you. Why do you even exist in the first place? Do me a favor and just go kill yourself. Why are you even going out with that ugly skank? Who the fuck is Harry Styles? I hate Harry. He doesn't deserve to be in the band."

The whole thing was just stupid and pathetic. These people didn't know how much words can hurt. They said some of the most horrible things someone could say to one another. The amount of hate he was getting was just unbelievable. Although the comments weren't true, Harry must've been pretty upset for him to break down. In the back of my mind, I thought to myself.

"They don't even know the real Harry.. And yet they judge him."

I eventually closed the laptop down and took another sip of the warm, soothing tea. It seemed to calm me down a notch and get my mind off of this whole thing. I looked back at Harry who was still asleep. His eyes were closed and you could hear the gentle snore coming from him. I stood up from the little couch and headed towards the bed. I grabbed the blanket that was about to fall of the bed and gently tucked Harry in- until one of his eyes fluttered open. He laid on his back again while tossing and turning a couple of times. I stood besides him while Harry rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms out. He was finally awake.

"Feeling a little better?"

"I thought you were gone.. I couldn't find you on the bed."

"Well.. I had some tea. Took it from te cabinet. Hope you don't mind. And Harry..?"

"What's mine is yours love. And hmm?"

"I saw.. I saw the laptop. Was that why you were so upset?"

"..."

"Harry.. Don't let these things get to you.. People don't know what they are talking about."

Harry's eyes slowly drifted off to the floor. I saw him twiddling around with his fingers and he tugged on my wrist. He patted his hand down on the bed- signaling me to sit down. His eyes looked exhausted and tired. Harry had bags under his eyes with pale lips. I plopped down on the bed as he opened his mouth to speak- but no words came out. Harry just ended up sighing out loud. I waited for him to say something back- or at least try too. Harry tried to speak again- before he paused in the middle of his sentence. Finally, he was barely able to say something.

"I don't care what these people say about me.. But- But what they say about you. I know how much it hurts you. Watching you being criticized for just being my girlfriend. It just makes me feel upset."

"I'm perfectly fine Harry.. See? Tough as a rock."

I stretched out my biceps for him to feel. I saw his expression change into a light chuckle and he gently touched my cheeks with his thumb.

"Not so sure about the rock part love."

"Feel this? Hard as a rock."

"Anyways.. The point is that I just don't want you getting hurt.."

"I know.. I know how you feel.."

"C'mere."

Harry pulled me into his arms and tightly wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He kissed me on my forehead before gently grazing his thumb over my lips. I stared into his eyes before he slowly made his way towards my lips. He played around with my hair before laying me down on the bed. I felt his lips on top of mine and we were in sync. I felt his hands slide up behind my shirt which rapidly started to unbutton my shirt. I wrapped my arms around his neck and left little tiny trails of wet kisses down his neck. Chills ran down my spine when my bare skin was exposed to the cold air. I put my hands on his chest as he leaned forward again as chuckled.

"You know, I do know how to undress myself."

"I know- but I just do it better."

"You're so full of yourself Styles."

"Ouch. Hurtful."

"Just kiss me already idiot."

"My pleasure."

Harry flung his shirt which laid crumpled on the ground. I stared in awe at his chiseled-like, perfectly tanned, chest. They had the perfect shade of a tan color while being tones to perfection. I slowly wrapped my legs around his waist as he kissed me passionately on the lips. I felt his tongue glide over my bottom lip and right before we engaged in another long kiss, he whispered into my ears.

"I love you.."