Chapter 22

Once I arrived at Phoenix I knew the first thing I needed to do was find a job. I'm starving I haven't ate at all. I need to find somewhere for food and after that I should have enough money to stay in a motel for a few days. After that I'm fucked, unless I pursue a job as a stripper which I doubt there will be many around here. I don't think I am meant for that anyways, I could barley handle whatever job Kadin was having me do. 

Kadin. I wonder if he noticed I'm gone yet. I wonder if he cares. Wait I shouldn't care about that. I hate myself for getting so close to him, but then again it might have been my smartest decision for the situation. I got him to trust me which got me out of there. Or maybe that's how he wanted all of this to go. I don't know and I probably never will. I start to care about that even less once I noticed a small dinner around the corner from where I was walking. Walking is all I can really do and I don't really know where I am going.

Frio's Dinner was boldly printed on the sign in front of the diner. It looked like it was pretty busy but its the only food place I've seen so far and as I stated before I am starving.  The bell on the door chimed as I walked in. Immediately I noticed a sign that said seat yourself so that's exactly what I did. I found a table in the back away from every one else just in case Kadin could be following me. I ditched my phone and anything else that could resemble a GPS locater. He's a gang leader though I am sure he could find me if he really wanted to. No matter how far away I decide to run. 

Almost as soon as I sat down a girl about my age came up to my table. "Hi My name is Trish I'll be your sever today, is it just one?" A girl with bright blue eyes and dark brown hair said. She stood casually standing on her tip toes her feet probably aching. Her brown hair blown everywhere and her make up looks like it was down about 6:00 this morning and its dinner time now. She looked a mess but still gorgeous nothing less.

"Yes it's just me today." I said softly and offered a semi smile. She placed one out of the two menus she had her hand down and a set of silverware.

"Alrighty then, what can I get you to drink?" She asked almost impatiently as she looked around at all the other tables she had. They must be low staffed. Maybe I can get a job here and ask if there is any place to stay near. 

"I'll have the signature strawberry lemonade please." I answered. She nodded writing it down.

"And by any chance do you know what your gonna order today or do you need a minute?" She asked me twiddling her pen in between her fingers.

"Could I have a moment please?" I asked. She just simply nodded and walked away to attend to her other tables. 

I looked over the menu and decided I am gonna get the Chicken Broccoli with a garlic mash potato side and a Caesar salad. They have peach cobbler so I might get that for dessert as well.

I looked up and noticed my server Trisha brining out another tables food. Then she went on to take a tables payment then she hurried over to my little table in the back.

"Sorry about that I got a little busy, what can I get you tonight?" She asked almost out of breath. I've only seen one other face and that was a cashier who takes care of to go orders and helps out with bussing. 

"I've decided that I will have the Chicken Broccoli with garlic mashed potatoes and a Caesar salad please." I asked.

She was nodding while writing everything down. "And did you want the salad to come out first." She asked. I nodded. "Would you like any desserts after meal or are you still deciding?" She asked me.

"I was thinking about getting the peach cobbler but I will decide after my meal if I want it for here or to go." I answered.

She wrote that as a note clicked her pen the smiled at me. "Alright I will go get your order in and it should be out in just a while." She said and scurried off before I could get the chance to ask any questions about job applications or shelter. I'll see if she's less busy when she brings out my food.